Moderno Churrascaria vs. Cagney's Steakhouse

rogerwaters

First time cruisers here, and are trying to decide between Cageny's and the Churrascaria. We're gonna do one or the other since they are both pretty much "meat" places, and wanna spend our other evenings visiting the other specialty restaurants.

Anyone who has already been on Epic, can you lend some advice? Did one stand out more than the other? Did one get better reviews than the other?

I've been to many fantastic steakhouses. And I've been to Churrascaria's in Aruba, New York, Las Vegas, and a few other cities, so I am quite familiar with the concept.

The four of us are just having a hard time trying to decide which of the two we should go to. We are not vegetarians by any stretch, but we also do not wanna do two different "meat & steak" places on the trip, that's why we want to pick only one of these meat friendly places!

Any thoughts?

Oh, p.s., not to sound like a snob, but we don't care that one if priced at $18 and the other at $25....by no means are we looking to save a buck or two. This is our first cruise and we are going into the whole thing with the attitude that we are there to have fun, experience as much as we can, and are fine knowing we'll probably spend another $2,000 or so on dinners, drinks & excursions.

So has anyone seen any reviews on these two places, or any have experiences of their own that have already sailed Epic? Thanks!:D

Since your a first timer and have been to the Texas De Brazil type formats I would

suggest Cagneys Steakhouse.. Its something that should be a part of your dining repetoire.

We ate their 3 times on Jewel as we had a great waiter and loved the darker dining room..

The food is great and although I dont sail on Epic till Oct I have read that both

restaurants share the same salad bar..so for me its the steakhouse..

Enjoy

and send doggie bag

We did both and preferred Moderno - 10 different kinds of meat cooked to perfection and a pretty awesome salad bar - we ended up going there the first and last nights. We did Cagney's once and it was pretty much the same as on other NCL cruises - good but not great IMHO.

Here we can get a great steak for $25 but the one and only Churrascaria is $40+ so, for us, Moderno was the best choice - best bang for the buck. Cagney's is good but not all that different an experience from on land. Plus, Moderno is unique to the Epic.

And they're in the same area so the atmosphere is the same.

I'd pick Moderno over Cagney's. They are both in the same dining area -- Cagneys on one side and Moderno over the other. We thought the meat was wonderful at Moderno and you could get quite a selection. But if you are into the Cagney's type appetizers that might be a better choice. We're going again on the Epic in October and will probably go to both but if I could only have one it would be Moderno.

I would choose Cagney's, The other steakhouse was ok but already being to this type of restaurant at home I found some meats were not as favorable and they had fried bananas not plantains. I enjoyed the service better in Cagney's and more selection of the sides.

We're going to have to do both. We can't sail NCL and not dine at Cagney's, and after trying Texas de Brazil in Miami last December, we very much want to try the Churroscaria as well. I can understand viewing them as both 'meat' places, but I think they're different enough that the experiences will both be worth having. So, my vote is BOTH!! :)

First time cruisers here, and are trying to decide between Cageny's and the Churrascaria. We're gonna do one or the other since they are both pretty much "meat" places, and wanna spend our other evenings visiting the other specialty restaurants.

Since you are a first time cruise my advice: Do both.

We did Moderno on the first night and really enjoyed it. Our waitress was wonderful - my only thing I missed was not having the grilled pineapple.

We didn't do Cagney's because we've done Cagney's on the Sky and I wanted to try other venues.

You really can't go wrong with either one - the reason Moderno is so popular is because it is something new, unique and good. Enjoy

Archived