opening balcony dividers

MOMtoTwins

we have 3 balconys next to each other on the liberty and wanted to know if the balcony dividers could be opened on these rooms and if htey blocked anything. i have seen people having this info but do not know where to find it.

if someone could point me in the right direction or tell me. my cabin numbers are 6358, 6360, and 6362

They can open them if all the cabins agree to do it , you will have to ask your cabin steward once you are on the ship , they can arrange for a deck hand to come up and open them .

Although you may want to reconsider , you lose alot of privacy , no balcony club . LOL

we have 3 balconys next to each other on the liberty and wanted to know if the balcony dividers could be opened on these rooms and if htey blocked anything. i have seen people having this info but do not know where to find it.

if someone could point me in the right direction or tell me. my cabin numbers are 6358, 6360, and 6362

There are supposedly some dividers that do not open. I have never seen anything which said where these rooms are. We have been on the liberty three times and love her.

From what I understand is only 2 rooms can be opened up together. Example if you have rooms 1,2 and 3 then 1 and 2 open up together and then room 3 would open up with 4 and so on.

Here are the descriptions of your three cabins:

Cabin 6358 8B OSTW 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6360

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6360 8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 6362

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6358

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6362 8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 6360

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6364

sofa and coffee table

So, 6358's balcony connects to 6360 but NOT 6362. The balcony on 6362 will open to 6364.

:)

Here are the descriptions of your three cabins:

Cabin 6358 8B OSTW 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6360

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6360 8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 6362

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6358

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6362 8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 6360

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6364

sofa and coffee table

So, 6358's balcony connects to 6360 but NOT 6362. The balcony on 6362 will open to 6364.

:)

Mach, unrelated....well sort of. Where did you find that info?

We have sailed on the Liberty and been able to open two dividers to connect 3 rooms. But every so often there is a divider that is solid and can not be opened. On our last cruise on the Splendor, we had 4 rooms together, but we were only able to open the 2 dividers. Neither time did we have any trouble with the dividers blocking our views.

Ask as soon as you get on the ship. We asked at the desk, and then again when we first saw our steward. He opened them very fast.

not the answer i was hoping for but still works to link all the rooms. 6358 and 6360 link balconies, but 6360 and 6362 aer connecting cabins. so we will all be linked

although i find it odd that 2 connecting cabins do not have connecting balconies

I remember when the Triumph came to America to NY. We got a chance to tour her, and had a cruise booked on her 2 months later. It was to be our first balcony stateroom.

We had access to all decks except the one Kathy Lee and Frank were staying on.

So, of course, we went directly to OUR future stateroom on deck 6. Stepping out onto the balcony, ALL the partitions were open. You could see clear up and down to both ends of the ship.

When we boarded 2 months later, of course, all the partitions were closed, but were all opened the morning of our departure (we are tardy stateroom evacuees). Then they proceeded to clean them.

When we sailed the Destiny a couple of years later, we had three cabins in a row, and had the two partitions opened so that we had one long balcony. Doing so did give up some privacy.

Being the Conquest class is just a larger version of the Destiny class, I have drawn my own conclusions.

The Spirit class is a completely different animal.

Mach, unrelated....well sort of. Where did you find that info?

cruisedeckplans.com... the member site.

It used to be available at bookccl.com/irman but they've pretty well locked most of that down. I asked for a password but they turned me down as I'm not a TA...

:rolleyes:

It used to be available at bookccl.com/irman but they've pretty well locked most of that down. I asked for a password but they turned me down as I'm not a TA...

Hi Mach..can you tell me if 8479 & 8472 connect on the Dream?

Thanks....sonic

not the answer i was hoping for but still works to link all the rooms. 6358 and 6360 link balconies, but 6360 and 6362 aer connecting cabins. so we will all be linked

although i find it odd that 2 connecting cabins do not have connecting balconies

Having 2 dividers opened for 3 cabins on the Liberty can be done....but one will block one door. When we were on the Glory in May we had 3 cabins and they unlocked both dividers on each side of us......one pulled back and attached to the cabin (blocking one window but not a big deal) the other we just left unlocked because it would block the door......so it was opened but not secured back.......

Having 2 dividers opened for 3 cabins on the Liberty can be done....but one will block one door. When we were on the Glory in May we had 3 cabins and they unlocked both dividers on each side of us......one pulled back and attached to the cabin (blocking one window but not a big deal) the other we just left unlocked because it would block the door......so it was opened but not secured back.......

Good point seen that myself..... where the heck have you been?

Can the PVP's tell you which dividers open and which don't? We are thinking of a family cruise next summer and I think I would prefer connecting baclconies rather than rooms - my guess is I can't get both?

It is complicated by the fact that we will be 3 and 2, so there are only so many rooms that can hold 3.

We are looking at the Liberty. Does anyone have any experience with 8408/8412

8417/8421

7208/7212

7207/7211

Thanks,

Another request if you are on the site - 7360 and 7362 on the Freedom.

Thanks,

Dave

Can the PVP's tell you which dividers open and which don't? We are thinking of a family cruise next summer and I think I would prefer connecting baclconies rather than rooms - my guess is I can't get both?

It is complicated by the fact that we will be 3 and 2, so there are only so many rooms that can hold 3.

We are looking at the Liberty. Does anyone have any experience with 8408/8412

8417/8421

7208/7212

7207/7211

Thanks,

Cabin 8417

8D OSTW 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 cabin connects to: 8421

View: window and standard balcony/ connecting balconies: 8409

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin connects: LI FD

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed (8D OST3) on: LI FD

Cabin 8421

8D OSTW 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0 cabin connects to: 8417

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 8423

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 7208

8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 7212

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: no

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin connects: LI - FD

Note: Cabin has twin/king (8B OSTW) on: LI FD

Cabin 7212

8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 7208

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7216

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 7207

8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 7211

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: no

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin connects: LI - FD

Note: Cabin has twin/king (8B OSTW) on: CQ VA

Cabin 7211

8B OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0 cabin connects to: 7207

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7217

sofa and coffee table

Another request if you are on the site - 7360 and 7362 on the Freedom.

Thanks,

Dave

Cabin 7360 8C OSTW 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7358

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed (8C OST3) on: LI FD

Cabin 7362 8C OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7364

sofa and coffee table

Cabin 7360 8C OSTW 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7358

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed (8C OST3) on: LI FD

Cabin 7362 8C OST3 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7364

sofa and coffee table

Thanks! Oh well, we can live without doing that but thought I would check.

Going to be on the Legend in September with relatives. Am also hoping to open up the balcony. Can anyone tell me about 7218 and 7220 on the Legend?? Thanks.

The Legend is a Spirit class ship and their dividers open differently. They open outwards towards the railing......so they will not block any doors or windows.......

But you need to go to the pursers desk as soon as you board with one person from the other cabin and request to have them opened. They will put you on a list....first come first serve. They only open a certain amount because they need to use a clamp to secure them......and they only have a limited amount....

Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Hi MOMtoTwins,

If you happen to get this message, in 18 days we will be sailing on the Liberty, and have those same 3 cabins booked, It would be great if you could let me know how the Balcony's worked out for you, and the door adjoining your two cabins.

I am with you, It seems odd that the two adjoining cabins would not be sharing the Balcony too?

Sure hope you are still getting reminder e-mails for this thread.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived