Picture of Sheraton Old San Juan from Carnival Victory

gonzo1124

For those that want to see how far the ship docks from this hotel, here it is. Easy walk if you have luggage with wheels, about a two block distance.

Picture was taken from our balcony on the Lido deck.

1511032233_OldSanJuanSheraton.jpg.23bf3adcd4fdbb02743452ebf4aab84e.jpg

Yes, we have stayed there twice. It is an excellent hotel in a great location. It gets very busy around 11 am on Sundays. People leaving for the cruise at the same time making you wait a while for an empty elevator, so, plan to get to the lobby earlier.

We are looking at an Oct/Nov cruise r/t San Juan and have a few questions.

What's the approx cost for the Sheraton Old San Juan hotel?

Looking at a 1 day pre and post cruise stay, what is the best way to get around?

I know the airport is busy the day of disembark but what about the day after? AM or PM flight doesn't matter.

Is there any one airline better than the other? We are flying in from Seattle.

Will start with these for now, I know we will have more.

We are looking at an Oct/Nov cruise r/t San Juan and have a few questions.

I'll try to answer a few of these:

What's the approx cost for the Sheraton Old San Juan hotel?

I've seen people priceline a room for $90/night, but if you pay list price expect it to be $150-$350 depending on the room type and dates of your stay. We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise in a suite at $289/night. The suites have mini-balconies over-looking the bay, and the rooms are huge, but are pricey. You can look-up rates for the room types on their website, but to get the best price priceline in probably your best option.

Looking at a 1 day pre and post cruise stay, what is the best way to get around?

All depends on the kind of traveler you are. I prefer never having to drive, so we get cabs everywhere. But we cabbed to OSJ and then spent all 4 days in the old city, just walked everywhere. You can rent a car too, but that's always too much of a hassle for me.

Is there any one airline better than the other? We are flying in from Seattle.

I don't know about Seattle, but from Cincinnati/Dayton US Air has by far the cheapest prices. We're going again in April next year and I've been watching airfare, US Air is at least $50 cheaper per ticket.

Hope this helps!

Is there any one airline better than the other? We are flying in from Seattle..

We are flying from Seattle to San Juan. It isn't cheap. We ended up booking one way with American and the other with United through US Airways (or maybe the opposite, I can't remember). We paid about $475 rt per person. Miles helped cut that down a bit, but it was still expensive when you add the miles + money needed. And we have to connect one way in Dallas and the other in Wa DC. Not ideal, but there appear to be no nonstops to PR from Seattle.

Good luck!

You really need to stay a day or two either before or after the cruise. San Juan has many things to see and do. Two hotels that I like are the Sheraton Old San Juan and the Caribe Hilton (Hilton has a beautiful, almost private beach and is about 5-10 minutes from the pier).

Archived