Pride cancels trips

36% increase from what it was or what you had booked for your cruise?

36% over what we paid. It even shot up $90 since yesterday, which was already $70 more than we paid! So in two days time we had our cruise cancelled and the cheapest they offer it to us is $160 more. What a deal! I know we're "even" if Carnival refunds us our money, but charging way more for the same cruise that they cancelled on us and continuing to jack up the rates as us castaways rebook is downright shady.

Everyone knows that CCL has people that monitor CC boards, I am sure most of the major lines do. Maybe they saw what was being posted and decided to do the right thing:confused:

Maybe. I have a feeling that it's just PR talk since that was an article and everyone who has actually had to deal with customer service when calling about their cancellation has gotten the same "too bad, so sad" response.

I looked today and the price for a balcony cabin on the 2 weeks following dry dock went up nearly $200 pp.

We're booked on the 11/28 sailing, so thankfully we're unaffected. I do think that it is extremely unfortunate that at the 4 month mark (just after ES rates were no longer available) cruisers got the news. The reason that those who booked using ES should be particularly upset, imo, is that Carnival has held their deposit money, and now, they are unable to book another cruise for the same week receiving the lowest rate.

It would only seem fair that Carnival would offer the same category at the same rate originally booked on an alternate ship (if re-booking the same week), as previously suggested. Hopefully that's what some of you are finding when pushing back.

36% over what we paid. It even shot up $90 since yesterday, which was already $70 more than we paid! So in two days time we had our cruise cancelled and the cheapest they offer it to us is $160 more. What a deal! I know we're "even" if Carnival refunds us our money, but charging way more for the same cruise that they cancelled on us and continuing to jack up the rates as us castaways rebook is downright shady.

Maybe. I have a feeling that it's just PR talk since that was an article and everyone who has actually had to deal with customer service when calling about their cancellation has gotten the same "too bad, so sad" response.

If you booked 8 months ago and the price goes up, doesn't stand to reason that it is more today? Your original post makes it sound like the price shot up 36% in two days (or whenever the announcement was) and was strickly price gouging...which it is not. I understand your problem in that it is more and anymore is still more.

If you booked 8 months ago and the price goes up, doesn't stand to reason that it is more today? Your original post makes it sound like the price shot up 36% in two days (or whenever the announcement was) and was strickly price gouging...which it is not. I understand your problem in that it is more and anymore is still more.

I can't speak for all of the rates, but I can tell you that the 11/28 sailing was $569 pp last week for a balcony cabin. Today it's $779 pp.

I've been watching it pretty closely since I have ES...although I paid $499, so I wasn't expecting a price drop anyway. :D

If the price hike is somehow a result of this situation, that would be pretty sucky. Not saying it is, but it's certainly unfortunate timing.

We booked a month ago at $389. When they cancelled on us it was $469. The next day it's $559. A $90 increase in a day is absurd as they raise the price around the dates they cancelled while claiming they are "protecting rates on comparable sailings".

I just got off the phone with a Carnival Rep that was very helpful. We had already canceled our trip but when I read about a "protected rate" this morning I was fuming. I told her we canceled our trip and was never offered a protective rate from the 10 other people we talked to. She was very helpful and asked what date were we looking for. I told her 11/28 but now the same room was $250 more then our original cruise and I'm not booking it unless I get the same rate(We got the ES for $519). She put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and gave us the same package we had for the 11/14 cruise for the 11/28 cruise.

Maybe the thing now is to put them on the spot since their spokesperson is claiming the protective rate which seemed to be BS until right now, but I think it definitely depends on who you talk to.

Good Luck to everyone else going thru this mess.

I have looked over the ES rules and I am certian I could get more compensation to those who booked ES.

Everyone got the $50,so what did those who put up a non refundable deposit get?

So are they refunding a non refundable deposit now or are they making those who book ES choose another cruise?

We both know they are refunding it all,but there are still damages here for those who have airline tickets and those who purchased insurance.

If you did not purchase ES, you are out of luck.

Let me ask this question.....did those who purchased CCL insurance for this cruise,will they get it refunded?Those that purchased CL air,will they get it refunded or will they have tickets that they will either have to enjoy MD. for a week or pay a fee to change? Remember,the contract states that they,CCL are only acting as a TA (for simple terms) in this matter so the insurance has been bought and the air might have been.Those who booked it all are being treated better than those who put up a non refundable deposit.

If you used a TA for the cruise,insurance,and air will they be able to get you a refund of your travel insurance and air tickets?

The problem with ES,is you are forced to sail or lose the money.There has to be terms and conditions in order to have a contract and the second you entered into this contract,it cost you $250, so CCL canceling and not compensating those who had this contract with them is wrong.

I would bet I could get a minimum of $175 per person in OBC. $50 they are offering and half the amount at risk ($250 in half=$125) for a total of $175.

You are a shark, a snake and ambulance chaser. All your are interested in is the money that you would make; you could care less about what the OP needs.

I'm just saying.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just got off the phone with a Carnival Rep that was very helpful. We had already canceled our trip but when I read about a "protected rate" this morning I was fuming. I told her we canceled our trip and was never offered a protective rate from the 10 other people we talked to. She was very helpful and asked what date were we looking for. I told her 11/28 but now the same room was $250 more then our original cruise and I'm not booking it unless I get the same rate(We got the ES for $519). She put me on hold for about 5 minutes came back and gave us the same package we had for the 11/14 cruise for the 11/28 cruise.

Maybe the thing now is to put them on the spot since their spokesperson is claiming the protective rate which seemed to be BS until right now, but I think it definitely depends on who you talk to.

Good for you, Terp. I'm glad it worked out for you.

You are a shark, a snake and ambulance chaser. All your are interested in is the money that you would make; you could care less about what the OP needs.

I'm just saying.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am not quite understanding how you really feel about him.;)

Exactly as it should be! We're on the same sailing, so see you onboard.

Personally, I think this whole thing stinks for those affected, but it is what it is. Now that the article in the "sticky" that was posted says that they are offering "price protection" on surrounding dates on the pride (just no $50 OBC) and are assisting a bit with some $ towards airfare changes, it seems a bit better. I know some are locked in to their vacation dates, but I sure hope it can be worked out.

Thanks for all of your help in this Carnival mess. We just booked NCL Jewel out of NYC. Same date, better price, which will cover the parking costs. The Jewel does not go to Freeport, instead we have a day at NCL's private island. Only down side is a longer drive to the port. Fortunately the NYC Marathon is on Nov. 7th. We are sailing on the 14th. Also our insurance is transferrable. We will not attempt any future Carnival cruises.

Thanks for all of your help in this Carnival mess. We just booked NCL Jewel out of NYC. Same date, better price, which will cover the parking costs. The Jewel does not go to Freeport, instead we have a day at NCL's private island. Only down side is a longer drive to the port. Fortunately the NYC Marathon is on Nov. 7th. We are sailing on the 14th. Also our insurance is transferrable. We will not attempt any future Carnival cruises.

Well, if it's any consolation, you actually made out on the ports. I'd rather do NCL's private island than Freeport any day of the week.

I take it back. Carnival would not price protect our room as they were full. I had some very generous offers to pay $569 after booking at $389. Shove it. First time cruiser never cruising Carnival. Several customers lost for life.

Thank you to everyone on here with your suggestions! We considered MANY options but opted for the NCL Jewel. Longer drive and more money but we'll be able to see Statue of Liberty sailing out and stopping at a private island vs. Freeport. At least we are able to go some where, God willing. Thanks again for all your help!!

Thank you to everyone on here with your suggestions! We considered MANY options but opted for the NCL Jewel. Longer drive and more money but we'll be able to see Statue of Liberty sailing out and stopping at a private island vs. Freeport. At least we are able to go some where, God willing. Thanks again for all your help!!

Sailing out of New York is a great picture opportunity. Between the Statue of Liberty and going under the Veranzano Narrows bridge, it is spectacular. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I know that drive, it sucks! But, think of it as an upgrade in ports. NCL's private island has pretty good snorkeling right off the beach.

Archived