First time cruiser - what-to-do opinions

Zigoty88

Hello,

So we're preparing for our first family cruise with our two daughters 12 and 14 yr old with NCL from NY to Port Canaveral FL, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau.

We're seeking inputs on what to do at these ports:

1 - Port Canaveral : other than the Kennedy Space Center, is there any good places to go or do? A nice beach not too far from the port or some places to go see?

2 - Great Stirrup Cay Islands : We're thinking of going snorkeling and just relaxing on the beach... do we need to book in advance on the ship correct? we might bring our gear as we drive to NY.

3 - Nassau : I am still reading on what to do in Nassau.

Thank you for all your inputs and suggestions.

If GSC is NCl's private "island", then that day is included in your fare...you really don't need to pay for excursions there. If you have your own snorkel stuff, just swim out and look around! Lunch will be included on the beach. Things like soda/alchohol will be charged just like on the ship.

In Nassau, there are public beaches, if you want another beach day. The "straw market" might be fun to wander, if you've never been there....lots of kitshy souvenier things. Some will pay BIG BUCKS to swim at Atlantis' pool/beach area....but you can walk around the hotel, shop, eat, gamble as much as you want, for no "fee". They also have an aquarium there...there is an admittance fee for that.

Some will pay BIG BUCKS to swim at Atlantis' pool/beach area....but you can walk around the hotel, shop, eat, gamble as much as you want, for no "fee". They also have an aquarium there...there is an admittance fee for that.

Definitely look around the hotel - very interesting architecture and from the lobby, you can go down below and see the fish they have in the aquariums there for free!

In Nassau, if your girls are into this type of thing, go to Blue Lagoon and swim with the dolphins! It's awesome! You can book it independently, they'll meet you at the dock and take you there on their ferry boat - fantastic day!

Hello,

So we're preparing for our first family cruise with our two daughters 12 and 14 yr old with NCL from NY to Port Canaveral FL, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau.

We're seeking inputs on what to do at these ports:

1 - Port Canaveral : other than the Kennedy Space Center, is there any good places to go or do? A nice beach not too far from the port or some places to go see? 2 - Great Stirrup Cay Islands : We're thinking of going snorkeling and just relaxing on the beach... do we need to book in advance on the ship correct? we might bring our gear as we drive to NY.

3 - Nassau : I am still reading on what to do in Nassau.

Thank you for all your inputs and suggestions.

At Port Cape Canaveral did the swamp boat and alligator tour through RCL, it was cool.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Cocoa beach doesn't look very far on Google map so we will bring beach clothes and take a taxi down there, then just relaxing after that.

Iguana T-shirt sounds like a good souvenir piece. :)

I will bring my snorkeling mask/flipper with us as we drive to NY ( I heard that it cost about that much to rent the gear anyway )

The dolphins swim sounds fun to do. They love fishes and animals... I will check it out. Thx

Is the aquarium in Nassau big and worth to pay for a visit?

Is the aquarium in Nassau big and worth to pay for a visit?
It took us a few hours to go through everything on the map. The cost was $35 pp and included anywhere you wanted to go on the grounds except the pools and the slides. Although I did not see anybody at the pools keeping anybody out, maybe there was a different color arm band for the pools. Atlantis without the aquarium is worth a look and like others said, there is a small part of the aquarium that you can see for free.

It took us a few hours to go through everything on the map. The cost was $35 pp and included anywhere you wanted to go on the grounds except the pools and the slides. Although I did not see anybody at the pools keeping anybody out, maybe there was a different color arm band for the pools. Atlantis without the aquarium is worth a look and like others said, there is a small part of the aquarium that you can see for free.

Thank you for your opinions.

We'll add this into our plan.

Archived