Early Embarkation in Rome

CLOU

We will be on the Legend on September 4th, leaving from Rome. We land at 8:30 and have Seabourn transport from the airport. Even with clearing customs and waiting for other passengers with similar flights, I figure we will get to the boat around 11:00 or so. I understand our cabin wil not be ready, but last year on the Odyssey, when we boarded around 1:30-2:00 we were all kept in the showroom until the cabins were released. Does anyone know if we will be able to board and access the rest of the ship. I would not mind sitting by the pool until our cabin is ready.

Hi CLOU -

Not sure, but most lines discourage early boarding as they try to fluff the ship for the next group of guests.

Look up Caroline and Jimmy Duff on your sailing. They board the Legend on the 4th for 2 weeks. Delightful couple from London. Met them on the Legend last year and keep in touch with them.

Have a great trip.

Gantt / ATL

Hi Clou,

We will also be on this sailing. We are a couple from Atlanta, Georgia and this is our first cruise in the Med and first time on Seabourn. We are planning on arriving at the ship around 3 pm to give us more time pre-cruise in Rome. Look forward to seeing you there.

ddpe.

I look forward to meeting everyone. we are from DC and this will be our second Seabourn cruise after years on Regent. We have been to the Med. including Rome a number of times. Normally we would not board early, but we are doing Seabourn's air and transfers this time, so they will pick us up at the airport when we land at 8:30. if we can't board early and explore the ship, I don't know what they will do with us. I would really prefer not to be stuck in the showroom for hours.

If Seabourn is picking you up at the airport why don't you call them and see if the driver can give you a tour on the way to the ship? Maybe it is already provided for. Suggestion would be a tour of Ostia Antica, Cerveteri and/or Braciano. All on the way to Civitavecchia. There is no shortage of good places for lunch.

On the other hand, if SB is picking you up, they also know when you will be arriving so there should be no problems with early checkin.

Archived