Changing passengers after booking

shiloh25

Has anyone had experience with this? My college age son wants to bring a friend along, but his first choice is in the middle of a job hunt and may not be able to make it the week we want to go. He has - not surprisingly- found another friend to go if the first can't make it.

So should we go ahead and book with the first friend and then change the name of the 3rd passenger if the first friend is unavailable? Is this possible?

Thanks your help.

It depends on what fare you are planning on booking under. If you are looking at Early saver, you cannot make name changes. Period. but if you book another fare category, I believe I have heard that you can leave the name open, as in TBA. EM

If booked "ES"... no name changes.....

If booked anyother way, name change can be made BEFORE final payment date w/out cruiseline fee or if name change is needed to be done AFTER final payment date, it can usually be done for a small $35 or $50 cruiseline fee (can't remember which price !).

I recently booked thirteen people and asked the same question of my representative. (I booked ES)

I was told that the name could be changed, but I would lose the $250.00 deposit previously made and would be charged a new $250.00 deposit for the NEW person.

So, it can be done, but it is going to cost you.

Amy

I had a group of 10 booked on the Triumph with ES rate (we booked in Dec., sailed last week). 4 of the 10 people ended up changing before the cruise. Carnival allowed the name changes with a $50 fee. The last one was just 2 days before the cruise.

I think you will be fine. Just do it as soon as you can.

I believe that ONE name per cabin must remain from the original booking.

IOW, if you have four people in one cabin, then three of them could be changed. One of the original pax must stay on the booking.

But then, ... I've been wrong before.

Paul

I was told that if you book ES, you can make changes only until final payment is due. After that, you're SOL.

My suggestion would be to book under Past Guest, State rate, etc, in order to make any necessary changes.

Archived