2 weeks of i.e. Heaven!!!!!

parthia

Arrived back home this afternoon after 2 weeks on the Med cruise Spirit and Discovery;Although I am agreement that she is lacking in good looks

the Island Escape-giving her full title!-We did not want to escape-form her.Altthough we were in then bowls of the vessel Deck 4-our cabin was very clean and serviced by our super steward-we've never seen towel

art before!-the wife loved it!!

Anyway we were very happy with TW0 windows and not one!!-altough not square we could see out of them every morning!!!This pleased her indoors immensely.Our only critism of the cabin was the toilet and shower room-although the shower area was spacious compared to one the LIRICA

last year-the toilet area was rather cramped for a large person like myself

-still we managed and did not really spoil our cabin comfort-and the bed were surprisingly comfortable-although on spring jutted out on mine-but my trusty steward came up with solution!!-thicken the bed sheet times 3!-it worked but not replaced.

Wife had a problem storing her case which actually fitted under the bed as it was an holdall.

Meals and choice of meals was endless there was some irritating items in the Boundary bar restaurant and the Island restaurant-NO TEASPOONS-

resulting in silly little items for stirring-small straws-how stupid;when asked about teaspoons we were told, only the Oasis had teaspoons-we wondered why.

The daily issue of the Island Chat "newspaper" appeared to be in locked time warp-The announced arrival in the "chat" was contradicted by ONE earlier every day!!!-

Excursions were o.k. we only dropped out of two of the them-Barcelona and Propriano[good job for the latter as her indoors collected a bite from

flying animal-she thinks at Palma second time]so she spent all day in cabin

on doctor's orders-although the treatment prscribed by the ships's doc.worked after going to her own doctor today on arriving home after the swelling went down she in fact 2 bites!!

The Mahon excursion was only supposed to be Island Discovery for 7 hours but it was only when to the guide asked us was there any vegitarians on board the coach-we DISCOVERED that we were in line for typical Spanish lunch in fact for a little over 2 hours!-no one in the Excursion group hadn't added it into the interary for that tour.

And we were proud that it was the first time I.E. had berthed at Propriano

so much so I was wating for the town band and Mayor to arrive at the quayside-but alas it was of no avail.!Still there was excitement when a frogman went down below the I.E under the direction of the Captain.

presumably to see if she had touched bottom!

The captain?- well that's another story................

on the island star 3years ago with brit captain he mixed very well .....dont suppose foreign captains get paid less or do they?....not another cost cutting exercise by thom.....er island cruises.......

I liked the fella although during our photo session with him-I asked to do a favour-he said-which I replied when you do your daily reports over the p.a.system-please can you speak louder becasue it sounds as though you are falling to sleep.

He assurred me that he would try-but he still did the same tone every day.Still overall comparing with last year's MSC cruise and this year's IE cruise the latter wins hands down.

Archived