Roll Call: Silver Wind - Venice to Athens August 20-27

midtownnyc

Hi,

Don't think I've seen this, but we are going on the Venice to Athens August 20-27th cruise and are wondering who else will be on this trip?

Looking forward to our first SS experience.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, My husband and I will be on this cruise also. It is our first time on Silver Seas. We have been on Princess to the Caribbean and loved it. Are you interested in doing a tour in Athens by private car? People say that these private tours might be less expensive and sometimes better. I'm not sure,but might look into it? Gemmy:rolleyes:

Hi,

Apologies for not responding sooner, but have not checked this thread in over a week.

This our first SS cruise too and have done one other cruise of the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean last year.

We are looking forward to the entire trip and will be staying in Athens the night of the 27th.

What type of tour did you have in mind? One of the SS tours or a private guide and do you have information on how to find one?

We are leaving on the 17th for Venice and if we do not hear from you will look forward to meeting you on the ship

I'm David and my partner's name is Steve.

Hi David, I checked last month for a private tour of Athens by car. It was $400 for the car. They took four people. It would only be 100 a person. It sounded great,but we were not sure if we wanted to spend the 400 by ourselves. I can look into it again or we could wait to see if the hotel can arrange a tour. The boat has a tour, but it's short and they take you to the airport. I asked if they would take us to the hotel and my travel agent said no. Are you staying at the King George Palace? Irene & Mike If I don't hear back, see you on the boat.

Hi Irene and Mike,

Thanks for the information. Would you know how many hours the tour is and itinerary? Any additional info you could provide would be great, don't go too crazy though.

Yes, we are currently booked at the King George, but we are thinking of making a last minute switch due to the latest reviews on trip advisor.

You're at the King George too?

David

Archived