Newbie questions

chicagogal

This is our first Celebrity cruise which we booked through our longtime travel agent. When I go to the Celebrity website I can pull up our reservation and fill out the passenger information forms but I cannot book specialty dining, shore excursions or beverage packages. Is this because I booked through a TA, or because the cruise is not until December, or am I just doing something wrong?

Help please from all you experienced Celebrity cruisers...

Thanks!

Patty

It could be too far out. We have a February cruise booked, and I was told that the "inventory" (specialty dining reservations, shore excursions) would not be available until August. You're two months closer, though, so either it's close to being available, or something may be screwy with the website (not the first time that's happened). Booking with a TA should make no difference.

Why not call them and ask?

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to some of these reservations. I'm about 92 days out and have been able to book the specialty restaurants for about a month now. I am within Celebrity's parameters to book the bev. packages but keep getting, "I'm sorry but .... " and can't book. I called X and they said I SHOULD be able to book the bev packages and to keep checking back.

Also one of the gals on our roll call booked Murano and like some of the other ppl on the boards, she was reserved and then POOF her reservation evaporated. Irksome.

Just taking a shot in the dark here, but is it possible that the OP cannot make the reservation because she is not a Captains Club member yet? I seem to recall that only Captains Club members can make those arrangements in advance. On the other hand, I could be completely off the wall and losing my mind and be totally wrong.

Just taking a shot in the dark here, but is it possible that the OP cannot make the reservation because she is not a Captains Club member yet? I seem to recall that only Captains Club members can make those arrangements in advance. On the other hand, I could be completely off the wall and losing my mind and be totally wrong.

I was able to book prior to being in the captains club, so I don't think that impacts your ability to spend money. Just a glitch in the system IMHO.

My wife is a captains club member, and our Oct 1 cruise is 80+ days off, and we can't reserve any excursions or drink packages on my celebrity.

You also need to do your online check-in. It will not let you buy an alcohol drink package until your birth date is validated. I had tried before I finished the process and it would not let me. After I had finished checking in I was able to buy a package.

Chicagogal........my g/f and I are sailing in December as well and when I wasn't able to book any specialty restaurants or select Select dining in June, I called X. The lady I spoke to tried to book specialty restaurant for me but then said that she could not since the inventory wasn't open. She asked me to keep trying every week and when I tried again last week, I still could not. Called X again and they still could not book it for me and told me to try again in a week or so.

I think its just a matter of us being a little too early. I am going to keep trying every week and if by end of July I am still not able to book, I am going to call them again.

The first time when I called X, the lady was kind enough to book/select Select Dining for me though.

Hope this helps.

Archived