It's not the kids...it's the parents:mad:

Yeah I want my child to go to a bar, and I'm gonna take him/her there:eek:

See you on the news.

It's not the kids...it's the parents:mad:

Yeah I want my child to go to a bar, and I'm gonna take him/her there:eek:

See you on the news.

Agreed it IS the parents. :rolleyes:

And thank you for your support. :D

I never said anything about being "anti-child cruising". I said KIDS should not be allowed into a BAR. BARS = 21 or older, right?

I do not assume many parents would feel comfortable if a bunch of drunk adults hung out with their kids in the Kids Zone playing video games, yet why would these parents feel the need to bring their children into a BAR with drunk adults? Makes no sense.:rolleyes:

Agreed it IS the parents. :rolleyes:

And thank you for your support. :D

I never said anything about being "anti-child cruising". I said KIDS should not be allowed into a BAR. BARS = 21 or older, right?

I do not assume many parents would feel comfortable if a bunch of drunk adults hung out with their kids in the Kids Zone playing video games, yet why would these parents feel the need to bring their children into a BAR with drunk adults? Makes no sense.:rolleyes:

Because NCL allows it and very doubtful many adults will be drunk, unless they got that way before coming to the ICE BAR. Its more of a novelty than an actual party spot to get wild and drunk.

1. Does anyone know how pricing works at the Svedka Ice Bar? (I was a little annoyed on my last cruise -NCL Star- how I couldn't open a tab...they had to close my tab after each drink). I remember a whiskey tasting thing on my last cruise and it was a one price deal.
  2. Are children allowed and/or is the jacket they provide one size fits all?? I'd like to spend the 45 minutes with my wife and 2 toddlers at the Ice Bar rather than me going by myself and her watching the kids...then vice versa. Yes, I recall the NCL Star had a kids camp thingy but it was for 2+ years old and my son will only be 17 months.
  3. Will they serve other vodka's besides Svedka here?? I'm a Grey Goose and/or Ciroc person myself)
  4. And will they serve anything else besides vodka like rums and cognacs??

Thanks all!!

Germs and bacteria are what make you sick ... temp. swing is not the cause ...

I'm going to try it ... pay my $20 ... drink my two drinks ... and enjoy the experience!!!

You are right -- germs, or some type of virus in the air. A healthy person is not going to get sick because of a temp swing.

1. Does anyone know how pricing works at the Svedka Ice Bar? (I was a little annoyed on my last cruise -NCL Star- how I couldn't open a tab...they had to close my tab after each drink). I remember a whiskey tasting thing on my last cruise and it was a one price deal.You know the answer to this now

2. Are children allowed and/or is the jacket they provide one size fits all?? I'd like to spend the 45 minutes with my wife and 2 toddlers at the Ice Bar rather than me going by myself and her watching the kids...then vice versa. Yes, I recall the NCL Star had a kids camp thingy but it was for 2+ years old and my son will only be 17 months.If you want to pay $40 for your two toddlers to enter yes. It's limited to about 25 guests maximum occupancy at a time so you will definitely be charged for taking them in

3. Will they serve other vodka's besides Svedka here?? I'm a Grey Goose and/or Ciroc person myself) No. It's sponsored/endorsed by Svedka. They would have paid a stack of money for this endorsement so there is unlikely to be anything else available.

4. And will they serve anything else besides vodka like rums and cognacs?? See the answer to question 4

Thanks all!!

Hope that helps

Hope that helps

I LOVE your answer to question #4. And the circle of life is complete.....

@JRoadZ....i posted the menu earlier in this thread....scroll up. That's all there is, and they're pre-mixed. There isn't a full bar here. I'm sure they won't let a 17mth old in, the temp is -17 degrees....I'm sure there's a health risk for a baby.

(they don't sell Coke by the way since they have a contract with Pepsi :))

When did they switch their contract from Coke to Pepsi?? I recall my NCL Star Coca-Cola sticker on my room key from 10/2008's Mexican Riviera cruise.

Thanks for the pic of the menu BTW, sjbdtz. Very helpful! I've never had Svedka before...just seen their billboards with the robot female, LOL. Is it any good? Is it better than Absolut (ehhh) or Skyy (mehh)??

When did they switch their contract from Coke to Pepsi?? I recall my NCL Star Coca-Cola sticker on my room key from 10/2008's Mexican Riviera cruise.

Thanks for the pic of the menu BTW, sjbdtz. Very helpful! I've never had Svedka before...just seen their billboards with the robot female, LOL. Is it any good? Is it better than Absolut (ehhh) or Skyy (mehh)??

Not sure when but it has been confirmed NCL's Soda contract is now with Pepsi.

Last year approximately May or June. I was on the Pearl in March/April it was still Coke. My preference is Pepsi so I am happy. I know others are not. Bring a case of Coke on board.

I had two of the Polaris (ice wine/vodka) so the ice wine influenced the flavour. They were TASTY!!! :)

I usually have Belvedere at home, and can't stand Skyy.....the Svedka was fine (although I'd never heard of it before the Ice Bar)

And this is the most ridiculous comment I have read lately - I think the bar will be fantastic and a lot of fun - the ship is air conditioned FGS, no one will be going from 90 degree temps directly into the cold, which BTW, they do in the Scandinavian countries all the time - sauna to snow.

Seems to be a pretty healthy thing for them to do.

While reading on some threads about the curtain and Norovirus what about the ice bar?

Do they clean those jackets you put on?

I mean it's the Carribbean and people are sweaty and stuff, then they put on what looks like a parka with a hood and stand in the cold but how is the jacket cleaned before the next person puts it on?

Wouldn't dirty jackets that you wear for up to 45 minutes be a possible source for transmitting the Norovirus on a ship this size? :confused:

While reading on some threads about the curtain and Norovirus what about the ice bar?

I mean it's the Carribbean and people are sweaty and stuff, then they put on what looks like a parka with a hood and stand in the cold but how is the jacket cleaned before the next person puts it on?

Wouldn't dirty jackets that you wear for up to 45 minutes be a possible source for transmitting the Norovirus on a ship this size? :confused:

I'm sure they don't. We know that you & your husband are not NCL fans, so it would only make sense in your world, that they wouldn't clean. In fact I'm sure they'll never clean anything.... :rolleyes:

Also, with the yummy non-alcoholic selections, they will be happy to add vodka to them for you. We found that out after we had already used our 2 coupons. One of our friends luckily let us try hers. I can't remember the name of the 2 drinks I had but they were the 2 blue ones. I wasn't crazy about them. The apple one that my wife had was very good though.

I had two of the Polaris (ice wine/vodka) so the ice wine influenced the flavour. They were TASTY!!! :)

I usually have Belvedere at home, and can't stand Skyy.....the Svedka was fine (although I'd never heard of it before the Ice Bar)

Svedka is one of the fastest growing vodka's (in sales) in the U.S. I have a good friend who works for a distributor that shared that info with me....It is a medium flavored vodka that is fine for mixing. I wouldn't use it to make a martini.....back to the question at hand...do you simply go to the Ice Bar and sign up for a time slot once you are onboard?

Svedka is one of the fastest growing vodka's (in sales) in the U.S. I have a good friend who works for a distributor that shared that info with me....It is a medium flavored vodka that is fine for mixing. I wouldn't use it to make a martini.....back to the question at hand...do you simply go to the Ice Bar and sign up for a time slot once you are onboard?

At the risk of behaving poorly and quoting myself...can anyone answer the question above...?

At the risk of behaving poorly and quoting myself...can anyone answer the question above...?

I don't know if the procedure has changed since the transatlantic, but then reservations for the Ice Bar were handled by the restaurant reservations desks (I think there are 2 or 3 desks throughout the ship).

Well, we walked right up and got in. Of course it was also 11:30 at night and they weren't that busy.

We walked up to the lady by the ice bar and made reservations for the next evening. We may have been able to go right in though, I don't know. I told her we wanted to come tomorrow night and she said what time? 5:30-6:30-7:30 and so on. We went had 10:30 and it seemed like we had the full 20 in with us.

Don't be so ridiculous. Some of you people are totally paranoid !!!!!

How do you even leave your own home ?

Archived