Carnival's "do not board list" !

bodog402

I have always wondered if Carnival has an official “do not board list” for those guest who are problematic, or have been previously arrested while on a Carnival cruise or guest that have been disruptive on prior Carnival cruises, or guest that unjustly complained too much or guest who have threaten to harm Carnival employees or guest who are just pain in the xxx?

The airline industry has a do not fly list and wonder if Carnival has the same.

They don't have a 'do not board list'... they catch it earlier.

Hi-

Very curious, what do you mean that they don't have a do not board list but rather they catch it earlier? Please explain how they catch it earlier ? Thanks

I am very interested on the do not cruise or do not permit on ship policy as I have a very common first and last name and I hope never to be confused with someone else ?

They saw your other thread saying how wonderful they are. You'll be fine.

I am very interested on the do not cruise or do not permit on ship policy as I have a very common first and last name and I hope never to be confused with someone else ?

The Elder God notes that they ask for your home address and part of your social security number to distinguish between people with the same name.

I believe there are a number of ways to become persona no grata with a cruiseline...For instance, people who are put off the ship in a port of call for any number of behavioral infractions. Remember the person on CC a few years ago who always complained to her cruiseline about things on her cruises, and repeatedly got refunds and future credits? And bragged about it here? She got a letter disinviting her to book with them in the future, and when she tried to book with their sister line, they wouldn't take her booking. EM

Mach, just curious, what are some of the things that would get you banned for life? I love cruising too much to do anything so foolish.

I'm sure shoplifting would be a big one.... along with vandalism, but those are the obvious. :)

I believe there are a number of ways to become persona no grata with a cruiseline...For instance, people who are put off the ship in a port of call for any number of behavioral infractions. Remember the person on CC a few years ago who always complained to her cruiseline about things on her cruises, and repeatedly got refunds and future credits? And bragged about it here? She got a letter disinviting her to book with them in the future, and when she tried to book with their sister line, they wouldn't take her booking. EM

LOL...my hubby remembers that situation very clearly! If you're going to do something like that be smart enough not to brag about it!!

Refunds? Refunds? What is this thing you call "refunds"?

LOL! Those were the days?

I remember her. Wasn't she a lawyer or something similar? I rarely complain unless it's something that needs to be addressed.

Edited by nothomeonacruise

The Elder God notes that they ask for your home address and part of your social security number to distinguish between people with the same name.

I have never been asked for my social security number for booking a cruise. and when aasked for the SS # on my funpass I add all zeros

They don't have a 'do not board list'... they catch it earlier.

Hi-

Very curious, what do you mean that they don't have a do not board list but rather they catch it earlier? Please explain how they catch it earlier ? Thanks

They simply aren't allowed to book...

:)

Mach, just curious, what are some of the things that would get you banned for life? I love cruising too much to do anything so foolish.

Do you recall a couple years back there was a lawyer who led a revolt on the Conquest because he didn't believe that the passengers were being fairly compensated for a change in itinerary due to a hurricane?

Capt Marino dumped him and his family off in Grand Cayman to find their own way home.

That kind of thing will get you banned for life...

Do you recall a couple years back there was a lawyer who led a revolt on the Conquest because he didn't believe that the passengers were being fairly compensated for a change in itinerary due to a hurricane?

Capt Marino dumped him and his family off in Grand Cayman to find their own way home.

...and it should!

I have always wondered if Carnival has an official “do not board list” for those guest who are problematic, or have been previously arrested while on a Carnival cruise or guest that have been disruptive on prior Carnival cruises, or guest that unjustly complained too much or guest who have threaten to harm Carnival employees or guest who are just pain in the xxx?

The airline industry has a do not fly list and wonder if Carnival has the same.

If you plan to post this so people can read it please do.. because I can''t and I am not going to get my glasses to read it:(:rolleyes::mad:

Yes, I remember that one! Do the cruiselines share information like that and are they banned from other lines also?

Yes, I remember that one! Do the cruiselines share information like that and are they banned from other lines also?

I know of a few instance where information was shared and the person in question banned on two lines but I think that's quite unusual...

I know of a few instance where information was shared and the person in question banned on two lines but I think that's quite unusual...

I'll bet that, if one is banned on any Carnival-owned line, that information would be shared with all the other CCL lines.

Paul