Input for Kid's Program Emerald 12 Year Old - Summer break Experiences

lovn2liv

Hey Anyone...

We will be sailing with my 12 year old in August on the Emerald. Unfortunately, we've heard some serious negativity about the kid's program on some of these reviews. We've been on several cruises (3 with Princess) and she has always been pretty satisfied with the kid's program. They've been very interactive and lots of activities abound. Can anyone tell me what their kid's experience has been from June on of this year? Thank you so much.

I really wouldn't worry about any negative reviews. Just remember that someone who's not happy would be more likely to post a review than someone who enjoyed themselves. It's just the way it is, unfortunately.

Another thing to look at was when did some of the reviewers sailed...maybe they went in early May when there weren't too many kids onboard...and less activities. Most likely will be totally different in August when there should be plenty of kids on the cruise and maybe a different staff. Also, maybe a few of the reviewers weren't too knowledgeable about Princess, used to Royal, and thought there should be rock climbing walls, or whatever.

You know you are probably right. The poster was not negative on the whole cruise, but their kids were really disappointed in the kid's program and it was run like a classroom with quiet activities, etc. I have to prepared for anything, but man, my dd has always had a good time in the camps. Some were really lame (old NCL ships where there really wasn't designated areas for the elementary aged kids) and she still managed to push through.

Cross my fingers and hope for the best. It would be nice to hear from those that are experiencing the programs during the summer.

Thanks again.

Archived