Enrichment programs on the Infinity?

schuddle

Last year my wife and I sailed to Alaska on the Infinity. One of our favorite parts of the cruise was the sea day experience with the lectures by the Naturalist. This guy was so interesting and entertaining, we didn't miss a single one of his talks. His slide shows were richly textured, with music and pictures, and great stories about bear encounters, studying whales up close and personal, and much more. It was awesome.

This coming January, we will be on Infinity again, but this time in South America, from Buenos Aires to Santiago. I'm really hoping that the onboard experience is as good as it was on our last voyage. Does anyone have the inside scoop? The bingo games bore us, and the art lectures are OK, but they really focus on auctioning and not on educating. We want to do something mentally stimulating! Trivia games are fun, but overdone. Celebrity should take bring more lecturers onboard and make the sea days something to savor.

What did you enjoy most about the days at sea on your recent voyages? Any ideas on how Celebrity can brighten up these days? Wine lectures? Culinary classes? How about staging a one act play? Reinstating the bridge tour?

What are your top ideas for making sea days great?

I've read that Rosetta Stone is available on some sailings, and I'm really hoping that on my upcoming cruise through the Panama Canal there will be Spanish study available. I know from our Roll Call that we'll be having an acting improv series of classes or workshops, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Wow! The Smithsonian partnership and the Rosetta Stone classes sound awesome! I hope they have something like that on our cruise. The website only shows information for 2010, hopefully the program will continue in 2011, and there will be lecturers onboard for our cruise.

This is great news...

Archived