Changing my mind

geocruiser

Hi,

We have been on Azamara once this past March. This was before the price increase. At the point of the increase I thought no way would we sail Azamara again. BUT now I am starting to rethink it. If the current price stays the same or goes down we will book again this week(I think). WHY? I believe I would rather pay a little more that be nickel and dime to death on board. I am starting to add up all the extras that are now included in the fare and that narrows the gap in price from old price to new. Mind you I was dead set aganist the new increase. I hope that we can book on this new sale that is coming up.

Now please add to my list about the new "extras"

!.Tips

2. house wine at meals

3. All coffee

4.soda and water. (can you tell me where and when)?

Maria

Hi,

4.soda and water. (can you tell me where and when)?

Maria

Maria...

the water is bottled water, which you can bring into port with you

I know this seems small, as most people will buy additional bottled

water when they are IN the port. That's what I always did!

However, this past trip of ours I got severe food poisoning

and the bottled water was actually making me sicker and I didn't know it.

Knowing that the ship will have safe bottled water is HUGE in the amount of value it provides to me.

The coffee is speciality coffees...straight coffee has always been complimentary but Lattes, etc etc have always cost.

at least 3USD or more

AZ you will have access to a self service laundry..

Princess has that option, but for example RCCL among others does not

while no one wants to do laundry on vacation..

this is a huge savings. Some ports have a shuttle into town which can be a savings either monetarily or on your energy levels.

The smaller ship allows for quicker disembarkation in ports...an excellent value as your time is worth money!

Hi Maria!

Not to mention that the tip of 18% on each drink ordered is no longer added and from what others have been saying the rates for a better bottle or a mixed drink or beer is really reasonable. Comparatively speaking of course.

Factor in the enhanced "leClub Voyage" perks which are really great ( i.e. free bag of laundry per week and internet minutes) - lots of parties.....it all adds up to a better deal.

I am booked to Asia in January and found the pricing about the same as RCCL and a little less than Princess with so many more inclusions!!!

I was on AZ two years ago and took advantage of the bargain basement pricing - although I love a bargain - I have no problem paying for quality.

Hope you can go on AZ again.....happy sailings, always!!

Thanks for the answers. We really did love our Azamara cruise this past March.

Now we are select on X. We also have one Azamara cruise. So what level would I be on Azarmara?

Thanks,

Maria

You need to add up the number of points together. How many points do you have on Azamara and X?

On X I have two 10 nights cruises and two 14 night cruises that can be counted. I have 8 other X cruises from when it was Chandris, but can't count them.

One 12 night cruise on Azamara. Do they count RCCL?

Maria

On X I have two 10 nights cruises and two 14 night cruises that can be counted. I have 8 other X cruises from when it was Chandris, but can't count them.

Maria

X should be counting your RCCL..

I would call Captains Club for X and RCCL and make sure that all RCCL have transferred to X...

then get your X status to date with all RCCL included

then you will know for sure your status with AZ

Maria

You have at least 7 points. Were you in any Suites? You get a point for each 10 night cruise and two points for each 14 night cruise. You get an extra point for any CC or Suite. I don't know about RCCL.

You have at least 7 points. Were you in any Suites? You get a point for each 10 night cruise and two points for each 14 night cruise. You get an extra point for any CC or Suite. I don't know about RCCL.

10 (with the 2 points from RCCL).

Thanks, now I have to make sure tht they get all my credits for all there lines. Years ago whae Chandris change in to X I never thought of getting any credits. It was a great cruise line back then (and still is). I don't know if they ever gave any credits back then. And now they don't. I have very few pictures and dumped the old tickets so no proof.

But thank you for your help.

Maria

PS will get back here to day and let you know if we booked.:)

I posted this on another thread - think it needs to be said here, as well.

There seems to be some confusion...my understanding is that you have to obtain status with one of the lines, such as platinum or diamond on RCCL and select or elite on X. Once you reach one of those levels. and you have cruised once on one of these lines, then your status will be recognized.

Azamara is the only line I know of that allows status from RCCL or X to be recognized on your first cruise with them. Both RCCL and X require that you sail once with them before they recognize your loyalty status from one of their partner lines. In other words, you may be Elite on X, but before you will be recognized as Diamond on an RCCL cruise, you must sail once on RCCL before you can be recognized as Diamond.

Still, you can't just combine.... say one cruise with RCCL, two with X and then try to be platinum on RCCL or select with X. It doesn't work that way. You have to pick one line to obtain status with and then it can be recognized on Azamara, and on your first cruise, which is very generous of Az.

Clear as mud?

I posted this on another thread - think it needs to be said here, as well.

There seems to be some confusion...my understanding is that you have to obtain status with one of the lines, such as platinum or diamond on RCCL and select or elite on X. Once you reach one of those levels. and you have cruised once on one of these lines, then your status will be recognized.

Azamara is the only line I know of that allows status from RCCL or X to be recognized on your first cruise with them. Both RCCL and X require that you sail once with them before they recognize your loyalty status from one of their partner lines. In other words, you may be Elite on X, but before you will be recognized as Diamond on an RCCL cruise, you must sail once on RCCL before you can be recognized as Diamond.

Still, you can't just combine.... say one cruise with RCCL, two with X and then try to be platinum on RCCL or select with X. It doesn't work that way. You have to pick one line to obtain status with and then it can be recognized on Azamara, and on your first cruise, which is very generous of Az.

Clear as mud?

I can't speak about RCCL since I have never cruised with them, but Azamara and Celebrity are being combined together through 2010.

So, I am positive OP will have 8 Credits (or is Select with Celebrity and Explorer with Azamara).

If the 2 credits with RCCL can be combined they will be at the highest level on both Celebrity and Azamara.

Unless I am mistaken, under perks for Celebrity, it states elite passengers can join the RCCL captain club at diamond level. When you sign up for RCCL captain club, it just states that in order to sign up you "must have taken at least one cruise with either Celebrity or RCCL

Hi Maria!

Not to mention that the tip of 18% on each drink ordered is no longer added and from what others have been saying the rates for a better bottle or a mixed drink or beer is really reasonable. Comparatively speaking of course.

Factor in the enhanced "leClub Voyage" perks which are really great ( i.e. free bag of laundry per week and internet minutes) - lots of parties.....it all adds up to a better deal.

I am booked to Asia in January and found the pricing about the same as RCCL and a little less than Princess with so many more inclusions!!!

I was on AZ two years ago and took advantage of the bargain basement pricing - although I love a bargain - I have no problem paying for quality.

Hope you can go on AZ again.....happy sailings, always!!

Seems to me cindy that I read someplace that you gather folks together and if you get a large enough group, you cruise free. Well then the price increase really dont matter much to you in that case. Not at all the same as for us other folks.

:)I DID CHANGE MY MIND!:)

Jusr booked on Azamara Journey 2/27/11.

Well I got 1,500. OBC!!!!!!!!

Maria

Can you please tell us how you got $1,500 OBC? Is that the $1,000.00 for Carribean sailings added with the $500.00 starting today? Is your TA giving you something else as well?

Unless I am mistaken, under perks for Celebrity, it states elite passengers can join the RCCL captain club at diamond level. When you sign up for RCCL captain club, it just states that in order to sign up you "must have taken at least one cruise with either Celebrity or RCCL

I am Elite with X and have never cruised RCCL. I thought I was told that I would have to sail once with RCCL to have consideration of Diamond status - have never really gotten serious about it because I don't want to sail RCCL.

Glad you got such a good deal!

Can you let us know how your chat with Captain's Club goes about your cruising status?

I have not called them yet. Spent the AM out of the house and the afternoon on the phone with my TA booking the cruise. My TA in by our winter home in Fl. So It is all way lots of phone calls from me to her to cruise line to get it booked.

Will do it in the next day or two and will post the results.

Maria

I have not called them yet. Spent the AM out of the house and the afternoon on the phone with my TA booking the cruise. My TA in by our winter home in Fl. So It is all way lots of phone calls from me to her to cruise line to get it booked.

Will do it in the next day or two and will post the results.

Maria

Thanks, Maria.

It will be interesting to see what they have to say - it sounds like you are at least Select on Celebrity, which would put you at Azamara's second tier. Glad you decided to go on Azamara again and you got such a great deal! :)

Archived