Changing my mind

geocruiser

Hi,

I called X and Azamara. I was told by both only the cruises taken on X and Azamara count. That puts me in the middle tier.

Maria

That was what I understood. Since you had only a couple of sailings with RCCL - they didn't count towards your overall total with either Celebrity or Azamara. In your case, the majority of your sailings have been with X.

You need to have sailed one line or the other (RCCL or X) and which ever you have more with, either RCCL or X - you need to have a least 5 cruise credits with one or the other to be at the middle tier (select with X or platinum with RCCL) With Azamara.

I would encourage any one who has questions, because it is confusing, not to hesitate to call Captain's Club for clarification.

Thanks for posting and enjoy your cruise!

I am Elite with X and have never cruised RCCL. I thought I was told that I would have to sail once with RCCL to have consideration of Diamond status - have never really gotten serious about it because I don't want to sail RCCL.

Just to clarify, I had exactly the same impression. We are elite status on X and have automatically been granted the equivalent status on Azamara.

I spoke to RCCL a few days ago to confirm whether I had to take one cruise on RCCL before being awarded Diamond and was told this was NOT the case. Our Elite status on X has been transferred across to Diamond on RCCL and will be in effect before our first RCCL cruise.

Archived