Changing C&A tier after next cruise question

We will reach Diamond status after our next cruise in March. I would like to book a Med cruise while on board but will they give me the diamond balcony discount if I book while on board or do I need to complete this cruise first?

If you are booking with the Loyalty Ambassador onboard, they should give you your Diamond balcony discount, as they would see that the cruise that you are on will make you Diamond.

Hopefully all of that is still in place next year when you sail. I'm refering to the tier levels.

Rick

I have booked a cruise at some later date and then made the next level, I don't remember if it was platinum or diamond. After they credited "my cruises" I called them and they made the adjustment.

We will reach Diamond status after our next cruise in March. I would like to book a Med cruise while on board but will they give me the diamond balcony discount if I book while on board or do I need to complete this cruise first?

You will most probably have to complete the cruise and then once home call and request the balcony discount.

But I would still mention to the LA that you will reach the Diamond tier at the end of the current cruise you are on to see whether s/he can add the balcony discount in when making the reservation. I mean, it's not like you aren't going to complete the cruise.:D

We made Diamond on a B2B and they would do nothing about our D Balcony discount. We paid up before boarding and that was it!!!

Called RCL etc. when we got home....... asked the LA on board, she was not the friendliest we have had.....nope, no D Balcony discount or OBC.

We got the CL pass and coupon book but that was it. Oh, and the D pins came in the mail months later............

We made Diamond on a B2B and they would do nothing about our D Balcony discount. We paid up before boarding and that was it!!!

Called RCL etc. when we got home....... asked the LA on board, she was not the friendliest we have had.....nope, no D Balcony discount or OBC.

We got the CL pass and coupon book but that was it. Oh, and the D pins came in the mail months later............

Oh no! I'm sorry you had a bad LA. That's a bad perk to miss out on!

We'll be doing the same thing in December - changing tier between B2B's - and the RCCL employee on the phone told me that the Diamond balcony/suite discount would come for cruise #2 in the form of OBC! I hope we get a good LA on the Mariner.

We'll be doing the same thing in December - changing tier between B2B's - and the RCCL employee on the phone told me that the Diamond balcony/suite discount would come for cruise #2 in the form of OBC! I hope we get a good LA on the Mariner.

Don't count on this-we became platinum in the middle of a B2B in the med-we were told that we were not eligible for the discount-or the new coupon book until the cruise credits from the cruise tour posted-by both or travel agent who called RCL three times prior to sailing and both LA's on board. we just got home last evening from europe and when i logged in today the credits show and i show as platinum-the second cruise has not posted yet.

Archived