Question for Past Destiny Cruisers

kellyccz

I am in cabin 8337 (aft balcony cabin on verandah deck) for our 12/4/05 Destiny Cruise, and have a question related to the dining rooms. I know usually you get assigned to the dining room closer to your cabin (depending on if you are in the front half of the ship or back half).

(1) Did those of you who have cruised the Destiny find this to be true?

(2) Anyone who has had an aft balcony cabin near mine - can you tell me what dining room you got assigned to?

(3) Also, those of you who ate at the late seating - can you tell me which dining room you were in and what time your seating was (8:00 or 8:30)?

Thanks for any help.

I am in cabin 8337 (aft balcony cabin on verandah deck) for our 12/4/05 Destiny Cruise, and have a question related to the dining rooms. I know usually you get assigned to the dining room closer to your cabin (depending on if you are in the front half of the ship or back half).

(1) Did those of you who have cruised the Destiny find this to be true?

(2) Anyone who has had an aft balcony cabin near mine - can you tell me what dining room you got assigned to?

(3) Also, those of you who ate at the late seating - can you tell me which dining room you were in and what time your seating was (8:00 or 8:30)?

Thanks for any help.

8PM is Universe and 8:30 is Galaxy

I had a cabin which was extreme forward and was assigned Universe, which is the aft dining room. So it all depends on when they give out the assignments.

LibertyCruiser: Thank you so much. That is very helpful since my TA was able to confirm that we have the 8:00p.m. assigned seating for sure. Don't ask how he knows this, I know usually it is just a request, but he did actually confirm us for the 8:00 p.m. seating. Maybe because his agency had rooms under Group space he was able to do this. Anyway, I was hoping for the Universe Dining Room, so looks like it all worked out.

Thanks again.

The first time on the Destiny, I had a balcony cabin on Verandah deck right near the rotunda, and was assigned the Universe dining room, early seating (requested early). This past time, I had an inside amost all the way forward on Riviera deck and was assigned the Galaxy dining room, early seating (requested late - 8:00). I went to talk to Babu, the Maitre'd, and he said that assignments are made based on booking date -- we booked about 2 months prior to sailing. And that he was unable to switch us, as there was a large group (400+) that had specifically requested that seating.

I have usually found (on any line) that the dining room we are assigned (if the ship has more than one), is the one that is furthest from our cabin. But I just chalk that up to my bad luck.

Christine

LibertyCruiser: Thank you so much. That is very helpful since my TA was able to confirm that we have the 8:00p.m. assigned seating for sure. Don't ask how he knows this, I know usually it is just a request, but he did actually confirm us for the 8:00 p.m. seating. Maybe because his agency had rooms under Group space he was able to do this. Anyway, I was hoping for the Universe Dining Room, so looks like it all worked out.

Thanks again.

You are welcome. I wouldnt get upset if your dining room changed.

Christine - doesn't that figure? I have bad luck everywhere else in my life most of the time, but somehow (knock on wood), I have had great luck on cruises - always have received great upgrades when booking guarantees. always get dining time requested, and have always ended up with dining room closest to my cabin. Now that I said that, I am sure I have now forever jinxed myself.

LibertyCruiser: Oh no, I wouldn't be upset if I ended up in the Galaxy Dining Room, after all they will still be feeding us in there. Was just hoping for the Universe Dining Room. There isn't too much on any cruise that could actually upset me, so if we end up in the Galaxy, I will still have a smile on my face.

Absolutely - I find it really hard to be upset about much when I am on a cruise. I am a lucky person just for being able to step onto the cruise ship and be pampered and spoiled all week. I can't wait for my BF to finally be able to understand why I am so addicted to cruising - this will be his FIRST cruise ever. He was always a little skeptical but I've already got him excited too. His only rule is that I cannot tell him how many days are left every single day - he said just to let him know every 2-3 months.

We were next door to you #8335. We had the 2nd early seating at 6:15pm in the Galaxy Dining Room. I really enjoyed this because Breakfast and Lunch were served in the Universal Dining Room, so we got to experience both on this cruise. Babu was a wonderful Maitre'D as well and he received a nice tip from us. Most of the time the Maitre'D 's just come around on the last night hoping for tips, but he was nice and accommodating the entire week.

Pholter - How did you like your room? Did you hear a lot of noise or have any problems with the Lido Deck being right above you? How did you like the Galaxy dining room? How much smaller was it than the Universe dining room?

Pholter - How did you like your room? Did you hear a lot of noise or have any problems with the Lido Deck being right above you? How did you like the Galaxy dining room? How much smaller was it than the Universe dining room?

Really no problems at all noise wise. On occasion you'll hear some chairs being dragged, but nothing to keep you from sleeping. We found the back of the ship to be rather quiet and enjoyable honestly, especially the hallways. We really enjoyed the Galaxy Dining Room and found both of them to really be about the same size or no noticeable differences. We asked to be moved to the center big tables cuz we like it there for dinner, meeting people, and the performances by the waitstaff.

That's what I kinda figured. I was in a 9A on the Victory and I LOVED being at the back of the ship - it was always quiet. I've just never been right under the Lido Deck. To be honest, it wouldn't matter anyway even if I did hear noise - it's still not the noise of my boss giving me work to do!

Glad to hear all these tips. (Hello Kelly!) My husband and I will be on the Destiny in November and looking forward to seeing Aruba. We leave in 2 weeks on the Triumph. This will be my husband's second cruise. Our first was the Conquest in Dec. 2003. Took me awhile to get him on board. He was in the Navy for 10 years and had a different idea of cruising. But the Conquest changed his mind. We have a 9A on the Triumph and are shooting for the same on the Destiny. So now my question..... is one dining room on the Destiny any bigger than the other? And....how do you make sure you are on the main level dining versus the "balcony" dining?

Archived