Royal Family Suite for 5 seniors

Five of us, two sisters and their spouses, and one solo brother, are planning to sail in a Royal Family Suite on a Voyager class ship.

We are all seniors.

Will the facilities in the RFS be adequate for the 5 of us? Will everyone in the suite have suite perks?

Is one bedroom easily accessible from the living room? Is it the bathroom with just a shower?

I appreciate whatever input you folks can give.

Those suites will accomodate 8, if needed, so there will be room. One bedroom is larger than the other.

There are 2 baths...one has a tub, one has only a shower.

Everyone will get any perks avail. You'll have over 600 sq. ft of space in the suite...it's a little over 3X's the size of "regular" cabins.

One person will have to sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. Of course I'm assuming that a senior is not going to want to sleep in an upper berth:)! Sometimes those sofa beds are not very comfortable but maybe you could ask for a rollaway bed if they have those. There will be plenty of room for that.

I guess I was not very accurate in my questions. I have all the info from the RCL web site, and some photos. What I REALLY want to know is:

Does the person sleeping in the living room have to go through someone's bedroom to get to the bathroom?:o If someone in a bedroom gets up in the middle of the night, does SHE have to go through the living room?

If one of our night owls wants to sit on the balcony while the lark sleeps, is THIS a problem? Are there two doors into the balcony?

Is there adequate storage in the smaller bedroom for two adults? Is there adequate storage in the living room for the one adult who will sleep there?

Dixie: Thanks for the suggestion about a rollaway - I'll check it out if we get farther in our planning.

You good folks on Cruise Critic always have some extra inside info that is not on the RCL web site! Maybe you can help us making up our minds!

Stay cool, y'all!

People in main bedroom have their bathroom attached to their bedroom, as in its en suite.

People in second bedroom have to come out of their bedroom to access their bathroom (shower not bath) but shouldn't disturb the person sleeping in the living room.

One door out to balcony...from the living room.

Person sleeping in living room can use bathroom from second bedroom without going through that bedroom.

I've only been in the RFS on the Radiance, so I'll answer from that perspective. One bathroom (the one with the tub) is through the bigger bed room. The other bathroom is entered through the living room. The smaller bedroom (the one with upper berths that could be pulled down) will be sharing the living room bathroom, which has a shower only. There's plenty of storage for everyone. We were on a 10-day cruise and it was good for us (including for my sisters...trust me on this one...that means something). Only one way to the balcony, which is right past the living room couch/bed. Whoever sleeps in the living room is going to get the short end of the stick, imho. But you do all get suite perks. HTH

Archived