Odors?

I've been reading a few threads and noticed several where people are complaining about bad smells in their cabin. I've cruised a few times and just got off the Majesty. We've suffered this once in the Voyager right before it went to dry dock and it happened the first day in the Majesty too (last week). Anyone cares to comment?

--d

I've been reading a few threads and noticed several where people are complaining about bad smells in their cabin. I've cruised a few times and just got off the Majesty. We've suffered this once in the Voyager right before it went to dry dock and it happened the first day in the Majesty too (last week). Anyone cares to comment?

--d

Before or after the Mexican buffet? :D

What floor were you on in the Majesty? I've noticed the few times we have been on the older or smaller ships, on the 2nd and 3rd floor there is a garbage kind of smell that got worse as the trip went on. This was both on Carnival and RCCL. It was only in the hallways though, not in our room. Since it has happened more than once and on different lines I figured it must be the location?

On the first day of my Liberty cruise, the hallway stunk from sewage for a couple of hours. Didn't matter though, since you couldn't smell it in the cabin. I don't recall it coming back the rest of the week.

The main problem is with people flushing sanitary napkins. This causes a backup of sewage that can be smelled in the halls. If you smell sewage in your cabin area, chances are one of your neighbors has been inconsiderate and tried to flush something they shouldn't.

Hi there

Funny you should raise this point.

On Independence there is a strange smell in the corridor just in the corridor approaching the Windjammer.

We noticed it the first time we sailed, and again of each occasion thereafter. Goodness knows what it is,

TC

C

It happens on every ship at some time or other...must be a design flaw in the sewage lines....or simply the motion of the ship .....I don't know, but it's happened somewhere at some point in time on every cruise we've been on! Sometimes, it's fleeting, other times, the odor lingers.

We didn't have any unusual air odors on the Freedom deck 6 last month, but we had two interesting issues-our sheets the first night were musty and our shower leaked on Grand Cayman day and caused a bathroom flood. Thankfully the sheets were replaced after the first night and maintenance came to our room incredibly quickly to fix the leaky shower. Fun times! :cool:

Archived