FlowRider on Liberty of the Seas

Another question about the 3-day Liberty Coco Cay voyage.

Because it's a special sailing, I'm sure nobody has the real answer, but can anyone speculate, based on recent Liberty Cruise Compasses, when the FlowRider will be open for stand-up surfing, both in port and on Sea Days?

I pulled out my 2007 Compasses, and the stand-up times were limited to approx 2.5 hours/day, but I wonder if that was because the FlowRider was a semi-new concept and there may not have been much interest in stand-up.

Any thoughts on what they might do now?

Don't know about this particular cruise, Susan. But last Nov. Indy had stand up everyday at 8-9 am and again in the afternoon. There still aren;t many people who can stand up (except us die hards!)

My compasses from Liberty in '07 showed the following for stand-up:

Day 1 (embarkation) - nothing - just boogie board and a stand-up demo (I sure hope this has changed)

Sea Days - 8:15-9 - advanced stand-up, 9-10 or 11 - stand-up, 3-4 stand-up

Port day (Labadee, which should be similar to Coco Cay day) - 8:15-9 - advanced stand-up, 9-10 stand-up, 3-4 stand-up.

If open hours are only 2.5 to 3 hours a day for stand-up (with no stand-up on Day 1), I think we'll pass on this cruise. (as much as I'd love to go)

Sent an email to RCCL asking about it and this was the response:

"Unfortunately, the hours of operation may vary from sailing to sailing. Please consult the daily Cruise Compass once onboard. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this may cause."

I wasn't surprised at this reply.

Does anyone have recent Liberty or Freedom Cruise Compasses?

Don't know about this particular cruise, Susan. But last Nov. Indy had stand up everyday at 8-9 am and again in the afternoon. There still aren;t many people who can stand up (except us die hards!)

Especially, as well as Lori and Billy do. :D On the Indy if I remember there were 2 hours in the morning, with advanced like Lori the first hour and then 2 hours in the afternoon, the rest of the day was boogie boards.

jc

Why jc, you flatter me (do I sound like scarlett o'hara?!?)

Susan, why don't you try emailing the open deck manager for the Liberty. They can be reached by email and will be able to give you specific information. If you call RCI they will be able to give you the email address.

Why jc, you flatter me (do I sound like scarlett o'hara?!?)

Susan, why don't you try emailing the open deck manager for the Liberty. They can be reached by email and will be able to give you specific information. If you call RCI they will be able to give you the email address.

Thanks for this idea Lori. I didn't know you could do this. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Can I see pictures or video of you riding? You must be pretty awesome!

Hello everyone

I am going to be on Liberty in January and was wondering if there is a fee for this.

Flowrider is included with the cruise price for all ships in the Freedom and Oasis classes. Oasis has group lessons for $60/hour, along with the options of private lessons and/or private rental. I am not sure if Liberty offers lessons.

Flowrider is included with the cruise price for all ships in the Freedom and Oasis classes. Oasis has group lessons for $60/hour, along with the options of private lessons and/or private rental. I am not sure if Liberty offers lessons.

Yes liberty offers lessons just not as many as the oasis as she has only one flowrider.

Archived