Using your iPad on cruise?

Ok - I know this is a silly question but has Anyone used a iPad on the open sea or on deck? I recently got a 3G model and don't know if I can use it with wifi or 3G on the ship (or in port). I was also wondering if I can use it while put side or if anyone has had overheat g issues.

It worked just fine with signing into the network. You first must go to one of the ship computers to create your login, password, and pick the plan you want to use. Also, be sure if you have any C&A coupons you go to the help desk to redeem before creating your account.

I also had my Macbook with me.

2 issues that I had:

-It was too hot at the pools in the sun to use. I didn't try in the shade. I got a too hot message on the iPad.

-When you log in from the laptop, you get a pop-up that it says you should keep the window open while connected. This window has a timer that runs while you are connected and also has a logout button to click on when finished to disconnect. The issue here is that I didn't get this pop-up on my iPad. I would shut off wi-fi on the iPad to disconnect but I never knew when it would actually sign me out of their network. Call me paranoid but I always felt that I was giving away a couple of minutes when I shut off the iPad. A couple minutes might not seem like very much but when you are charged by the minute at those prices, it adds up.

Maybe I missed a setting on the iPad that would give me that pop-up, but I didn't get it.

So it works but I ended up using the Macbook more.

-Stuts

Thanks Stuts. I was worried about the overheating issue and as I am planning to use e iPad to read by the pool this will bean issue. It makes me so mad as the new commercials show them being used at the beach!!! They should be ok to use outside. Guess I gotta bring a paperback or two as well. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks Stuts. I was worried about the overheating issue and as I am planning to use e iPad to read by the pool this will bean issue. It makes me so mad as the new commercials show them being used at the beach!!! They should be ok to use outside. Guess I gotta bring a paperback or two as well. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Ya, I freaked out at first as after I got to a chair, got my sunscreen on and went to turn it on, it wouldn't come on at all. I took it back to the room and plugged it in and it came right on. Went back to the chair and that is when I got the too hot message.

The sun this time of year is pretty damn hot though in the Caribbean. I imagine it would work well in the shade but that kind of defeats the purpose of being at the pool.

-Stuts

Archived