QM2 Circumnavigation of Australia 2012

AussieVoyager

Cunard opened bookings for the 2012 QM2 circumnavigation of Australia today (only for those who had pre-registered their interest). I was on the phone the moment bookings opened and had to wait over 2 hours before I could speak to a consultant - she told me they were processing callers as fast as they could. It sounds like this is popular! I enquired about a B4 stateroom and they were already 'waitlist only'.

I managed to booked a B3 guarantee and now all I have to is wait 18 months until the voyage starts on 8 January 2012. I do have a TA on the Queen Victoria in January 2011 to keep me going though!

I would have loved to brag of a B4 cabin and it nearly killed me to pass it by, but I did :rolleyes: I think I was being very disciplined but then Cunard have sucked us dry lately and I'm sure there will be another time! After all we do have a transatlantic coming up and like you aussietraveller, another new queen in 2011 to look forward to :) I'll have a glass of champers for you and think of of 2013 ;)

Wow, sounds like a wondeful voyage! Aussievoyager, are you subject to the same booking restrictions as UK bookings, ie, no price adjustment and no refund if you cancel?

Salacia, those of us in Oz do have similar booking conditions to our UK friends. We pay 10% deposit and the balance 75 days before departure. However, a good travel insurance policy takes away the fear of losing a deposit.

I am doing the Fremantle to Fremantle voyage - 20 nights.

Salacia, those of us in Oz do have similar booking conditions to our UK friends. We pay 10% deposit and the balance 75 days before departure. However, a good travel insurance policy takes away the fear of losing a deposit.

I am doing the Fremantle to Fremantle voyage - 20 nights.

AussieVoyager, I think our friends in the UK have stricter booking conditions. Oz seems to have the best. In the USA, deposit is in the 15% range, but it varies. Price adjustments and full refund of deposit is available prior to full payment which is due 90 days prior to departure. Usually, travel insurance payment is not made until final payment date.

Fremantle to Fremantle...I'll have to research that voyage. Doubt that I'll ever get to your beautiful part of the world due to cost and distance, but I'll enjoy reading about your voyage.

Cheers,

Salacia

Fremantle to Fremantle...I'll have to research that voyage. Doubt that I'll ever get to your beautiful part of the world due to cost and distance, but I'll enjoy reading about your voyage.

This link gives some details of the cruise. I'll be seeing parts of my own country I've never seen (Adelaide, Whitsundays, Cairns, Darwin).

http://www.queenmary2.com.au/register/

I booked this morning as well. I waited nearly 40 minutes to get through and when I did I was told that my category selection was already 'guarantee', which was a little disappointing, but oh well - just happy to be on board.

The lady mentioned that there was over a hundred calls in the queue waiting to be answered and she anticipated the voyage would sell out in about an hour (I rang at about 9:40 am). I asked if everything was selling - or was it just the inside cabins and she replied "no - everything" her emphasis. So I'm guessing with the Grills selling like hotcakes there will be little if any upgrades.

She also told me that sales today were restricted to Australian and New Zealand residents who had pre-registered.

I was pleased to see on my booking confirmation that Brisbane is not a tender port. We were hoping to have family come and visit us onboard. Does anyone know if this is possible during port days?

More cabins will come avaliable as the t/a's have booked cabins for all that pre booked and alot are dropping out due to the price so give it a few days when these drop out and if you dont like the cabin you are in try moving . My parents are booked adelaide to adelaide

Unfortunately it's not possible - for security reasons, only passengers are allowed on board.

Oh that's a shame. Thanks for the advice though Eugene.

BTW we're doing the Sydney to Sydney itinerary.

I did try and get the same cabin we're in on our upcoming TA but some inconsiderate person has booked it! Hopefully it will be a 'ghost' booking by a Travel Agent and it will drop off as one poster mentioned above.

I was looking enviously at this trip in the promotional literature that came yesterday. I love Australia and have managed to get there 3 times, but a round-Oz trip would be wonderful. Have a great time all you lucky people :)

It looks like all sectors for this cruise sold out yesterday, but anyone who missed out should still try again today and go on the waitlist - some people may not pay their deposits and cabins could become available. If you can, go to your local travel agent rather than wait on the phone - most travel agents have access to a direct booking system with Cunard.

Does this mean those of us in the UK or US can't get on it or would some cabins be set aside for those wanting to do the full world voyage? I really want to do it!!

Just the sectors for the circumnavigation of Australia, that were reserved specifically for Australians and NZ's, were on sale yesterday. I understand that other cabins are held for the World Voyage and other World Voyage sectors, and these will be on sale soon.

We received a phone call from our TA yesterday morning with an offer of an A2 stateroom as requested. Our TA was mildly surprised she managed to secure our request given the number of pre registrations in the system.

Maybe we got lucky, but we have also been using the same TA for all of our cruises and have never had a bad experience. At last, a cruise out of our home port with no long haul air travel!

We are on the Adelaide - Adelaide sector.

At last, a cruise out of our home port with no long haul air travel!

We are on the Adelaide - Adelaide sector.

I agree, no long boring flight overseas!!

Lucky you with your home port to home port sector, we're coming from Brisbane so we're going down to Sydney and will stay the night before. I had a look at The Four Seasons (used to be called the Regent) which has an awesome view of the harbour so we'll be able to watch the QM2 arrive.

It will be nice but I'd rather just catch a taxi.

Per Ocean & Cruise News, Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Within 15 minutes of Queen Mary 2’s circumnavigation of Australia in 2012 going on sale yesterday, 450 staterooms were booked.

Carnival Australia svp Jenny Lourey said yesterday’s revenue was four times bigger than on any other sale day.

Lourey said almost 75% of the passengers who have booked on this historic voyage, which will include maiden calls at Cairns, Darwin, Melbourne and Brisbane, have never cruised before.

She said about 40% are aged between 40 and 60 and almost two-thirds have booked a balcony cabin.

This afternoon there was only ‘limited availability’ for people wanting to join the 151,400gt liner in Sydney on February 14, 2012, for the 22-night round voyage.

Yes, we have our balcony cabin on Deck 5! Deposit paid, now to count down the days, plan the wardrobe... loose a few kilos in preparation for the ones we may gain!

And looking forward to talking about our trip here.

I agree, no long boring flight overseas!!

Lucky you with your home port to home port sector, we're coming from Brisbane so we're going down to Sydney and will stay the night before. I had a look at The Four Seasons (used to be called the Regent) which has an awesome view of the harbour so we'll be able to watch the QM2 arrive.

It will be nice but I'd rather just catch a taxi.

I agree no luggage restrictions, what a joy, but will we catch a cab or take the bus and train to Fremantle?

BTW Cabin booked and deposit paid! (I had mentioned that in another post)

Richard

Tina and I were preregistered (We live just north of Sydney) on the Syd to Syd legs and had our TA book our Q5 cabin for us. He was able to get the actual one we wanted and he also has us on a wait list for a Q4 - they were all booked out. As a 'social experiment' I called Cunard myself at 0900 and was put on hold. I was finally answered at 1110 and was told the best available was a B2 - no grill cabins at all!

So much for the democratic process!

Tony

Tina and I were preregistered (We live just north of Sydney) on the Syd to Syd legs and had our TA book our Q5 cabin for us. He was able to get the actual one we wanted and he also has us on a wait list for a Q4 - they were all booked out. As a 'social experiment' I called Cunard myself at 0900 and was put on hold. I was finally answered at 1110 and was told the best available was a B2 - no grill cabins at all!

So much for the democratic process!

Tony

Lucky you ! Judging by this thread I think I'm the only person with a guarantee booking : (

I'm not surprised the Q4's are booked out, there is not that many of them. Are you midships, stern or bow?

Lucky you ! Judging by this thread I think I'm the only person with a guarantee booking : (

I'm not surprised the Q4's are booked out, there is not that many of them. Are you midships, stern or bow?

Hi we are confirmed in 9030. We traveled LA to SYD last year in 9044 just outside the concierge lounge. People form the UK we met had 9032 and it had a less restricted view as the lifeboats outside deck 7 obscure the balcony view to the deck, though 9030/32 has no life boat hence better view. Pedantic I know!

tony

Archived