Dominica for a non swimmer

SISer

What activities should a first time non swimmer do in Dominica. I will on the Carnival Victory and from what I've read even the waterfal requires alot of walking. I am looking for somwthing that isn't physically demanding. I get the impression town is very small and will only keep me amussed for an hour at most. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Dominica is a beautiful island, and swimming is not the main attraction there. I'd recommend a tour to at least see some of the rain forest. The walk (not really a hike) to Trafalgar Falls is not that demanding, taking only about 20 min each way to the observation platform, where you can view the twin falls from a nice observation area and rest for a bit before returning. You could also visit Mr Nice Fruit stand, a refreshing, fun stop where you can sample many local island fruits, and then finish off your tour with a stop at a black sand beach. Not too physically demanding, but you will get to see the highlights of the island and have a very pleasant time there. We've visited Dominica twice and have toured with Reyno Tours both times. Reyno now has a website where you can check out his tours (but he will also customize a tour for you): www.reynotours.com

I agree, I found the trip to Trafalger Falls enjoyable, swty guy climbed while I observed from the platform. We were both happy.

There is also the Botanical Garden, we drove through.

This time I want to go to the Carib Village.

Anyone been recently? Where else did you go that was close by?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What activities should a first time non swimmer do in Dominica. I will on the Carnival Victory and from what I've read even the waterfal requires alot of walking. I am looking for somwthing that isn't physically demanding. I get the impression town is very small and will only keep me amussed for an hour at most. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Check out Beno Tours http://www.benonaturetours.com/

We've used Beno at leat 6 times. Last year he took us to Screws Spa which is a very relaxing man made hot tub area. The water is heated from the volcano and it is so beautiful. Fresh fruit afterwards, no swimming, just sitting on the ledges, then you can go to Mr. Nice Fruit Stand, back to town for shopping.

Regards,

Lynne

• 3 weeks later...

Archived