Loose Leaf Tea?

Waswo

I'm planning my next cruise and although I don't expect any cruise lines deal with loose-leaf tea served in tea-pots, I am curious if any might do so.

On the Queen Mary the afternoon tea offers only tea-bags (and not gourmet tea-bags). I can certainly live with coffee and tea bags, but if there is a line or a ship that features well-made tea, I would love to know about it.

Princess serves Revolution Brand Tea Bags at an extra charge of $1 or unlimited Revolution tea bags at no charge if one purchases a Coffee Card for $25. The Coffee Card entitles one to 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee (as distinct from the free coffee without card made from syrup). The Revolution Tea bag contains actual tea leaves instead of tea dust. One can buy Revolution Tea bags in the US at Safeway and other grocery stores and they cost about $0.80 each bag.

But rather than choosing a cruise line based on quality of tea it is simpler to carry your own high end tea bags.

I'm planning my next cruise and although I don't expect any cruise lines deal with loose-leaf tea served in tea-pots, I am curious if any might do so.

On the Queen Mary the afternoon tea offers only tea-bags (and not gourmet tea-bags). I can certainly live with coffee and tea bags, but if there is a line or a ship that features well-made tea, I would love to know about it.

• 3 months later...

We took loose leaf tea on our last cruise with Princess. Our Indian waiter brought a pot of hot water to every dinner. A few nights we offered him a cup which he enjoyed. At the end of it we gave him the rest of it (a high quality Assam) which he gladly accepted. Princess also provided us a pot at the afternoon tea. I suggest taking disposable filter bags to use. They are usually found at a reputable loose leaf tea provider. It was nice to take a variety and have the tea that you want.

• 2 months later...

The best loose leaf gourmet tea we've brought with us was from a site called Persimmon Tree Tea http://www.persimmontreetea.com they have the filters big enough for tea pots. Definitely come prepared with the tea of your choosing because loose tea can vary, depending on how long it's been sitting around.

Archived