DE-CLASSIFIED: Freedom Design? Future Beyond Freedom? You decide...look!

mojo4trav

The sketch is certainly not hidden, so this is either a mixup on the part of the shipyard, or a rejected design for a new ship at RCCL, OR has RCCL held back the real design of the Freedom until it gets closer to launch in an effort to keep Carnival Corp guessing...? It is clearly for an RCCL ship, as the first ammenity called out on the sketch is for 'rock climbing'.

Let's discuss...

sketch2.jpg

Looking at the first one, it sure looks like an RCI design as it appears to have a Viking Crown. I don't like the look of the from though IMO.

Its anyones guess if it is just a protoype sketch that may be nothing or if it is actually something in the works.

I am aware of the 'released' Freedom sketch, but after finding the pictures I posted above, and noting the MINOR differences between existing Voyager-class design and the 'released' Freedom design, I was curious as to what ship the sketch in my first post belongs. Perhaps a future design, rejected design or maybe as I suggested this is the real design and the released sketches are just to throw off the competition. After all, since the design is nailed down as the ship is well on its way to being assembled, there is no reason to keep the deckplans and renderings a secret. (Other than for the purpose of keeping them out of the hands of their competitors until the last possible moment.)

RCCL emailed me the information that C&A memebers would have the oppt. to book their sailing for the 2 weeks in Feb 28th..but no other details besides what we know....(Intern. East.& West)....I would love to see the floor plans..how are we going to know which rooms to book...etc.....but I am sure they will release it on that day:eek: ....

Thanks for the info...

N

I think the first drawing looks very Princess-ish.

Me too! That was my immediate thought when I first took a look. I don't think it looks at all like a RCCL ship. Yes, perhaps Celebrity. They are very cool looking though.;)

Could OP be a little more specific about where you found the scetches. I can't find them with the link you provided.

My understanding is that the "Freedom" is a stretch version of the Voyager. An extension, not a redesign. I think the renderings (agree they look Princess-ish) are designs for future ships. Given the ship is a stretch I would expect the same 4 classes of cabin (inside, promenade, window, and balcony/balcony suite) with more of them, and new "play concepts" for the passengers.

I strongly doubt the addition of apartments (as in QM2) because 1. - that's not RCCL's market and 2. - they will definately make more money on quantity.

Found this on the Aker Finnyards web page...

Freedom of the Seas

spacer.gif

Newbuilding No.1352 (+ sistership No. 1353)

spacer.giffreedom.jpg

spacer.gif

Looks like a concept computer graphic and a stretch Eagle class but since delivery is in 2006, I assume she looks like a couple of steel blocks right now. Enjoy!

I, along with many others here, are already aware that this is the 'official' sketch of the new Freedom of the Seas:

freedom_of_the_seas_hr.jpg

However, I found the pics in my first post on the AkerFinnyards website under the Design sub-section. It was interesting to note that 'ROCK CLIMBING' was indicated on one of the sketches. Unless Princess is planning on offering such an ammenity, one can infer the ship was meant to be for RCCL. Whether it is a design study, an option presented for the Ultra Voyager class, or is the 'real' sketch of the Ultra class, is completely up in the air. Granted, RCCL has indicated the Freedom and her sister ship are simply a stretch of the existing Voyager design, I was proposing the (long-shot) possibility that RCCL has hidden the true Ultra Voyager from public consumption in an effort to throw their competition off-keel. The ONLY facts supporting that possibility would be the delay in the release of deck plans and further renderings. Clearly RCCL has these done, as the ship is under contruction as we speak, as seen in the photos below which were taken in November of 2004 (from http://www.faktaomfartyg.com/freedom_of_the_seas_2006.htm © Foto Frank Behling):

freedom_of_the_seas_2006_1.jpg

freedom_of_the_seas_2006_2.jpg

Archived