London Airport to Southampton

wblevin

We are booked on the Golden in August doing the UK. Transfers are $76/pp each way - lotta money for 8 people. I know several years ago we did London to Harwich, which ended up being very convenient doing by train for a fraction of the cruiseline cost. Was wondering if anyone has done public transportation and can advise if trains run by the pier or the best car rental company to use. All info greatly appreciated.

I believe "English Rose's" transfer company can accommodate up to 6 PAX w/cruise luggage - one fee for the car only not PP - so would be reasonable to share this way - Do a search for her e-mail to contact her. She is a Cruise Critic member and posts here.

(If you have 8 people - I guess you could take 2 cars ?? )

There also are lots of discussions about taking the bus..... look on the Britain threads.....

Good Luck....

GotToCruise

Thanks - I think I am going to post a different way now. Maybe someone would be interested is sharing a limo one way - ie - we book London to Southampton and someone else takes it back - gotta be cheaper doing it that way if we can find a limo company interested - and splitting the roundtrip costs. Appreciate your response. Thanks again.

We are booked on the Golden in August doing the UK. Transfers are $76/pp each way - lotta money for 8 people. I know several years ago we did London to Harwich, which ended up being very convenient doing by train for a fraction of the cruiseline cost. Was wondering if anyone has done public transportation and can advise if trains run by the pier or the best car rental company to use. All info greatly appreciated.

We always take the bus from LHR to the Southhampton bus station and then a taxi to hotel or pier.

The bus leaves from the bus station at LHR (just follow the signs to bus station). The link to bus service is http://www.nationalexpress.com/home/hp.cfm

The buses are frequent, take less than two hours, you can roll your luggage on the AP cart to the bus, and the price is low. You can make a reservation.

Bob

Was wondering if anyone has done public transportation and can advise if trains run by the pier or the best car rental company to use.
You'd need to get a cab or cabs from either the bus station or the train station to the pier, but both are quick trips. From Heathrow airport, the bus service is probably the best bet; from central London, the train from Waterloo station.

Are you sailing on the 8-20? We're from Teaneck,NJ(Bergen County). We are picking up the Princess transfers in London where we'll be staying pre-cruise. There's loads of helpful info on Flyertalk. on transportation to and around London

Archived