How far is Salerno from Capri

Travel luv

Hello,

I just found out that our ship (Celebrity Constellation) will be now docking in Salerno vs Naples. I really had my mind set on going to the island of Capri and now I'm wondering if this will even be possible. Does anyone have an idea how far this is and if it is even feasible?

Thanks

Salerno really isn't much further in a straight line. There are two problems, though. First there is a hunk on land in the way and second, there are no ferries connecting Salerno with Capri. The closest port to Salerno with service to Capri would be Sorrento

there are no ferries connecting Salerno with Capri. The closest port to Salerno with service to Capri would be Sorrento

Sorry, this is simply wrong.

Your options for Capri from Salerno are greatly restricted, however. There's only one company that I am aware of that runs ferries and high speed boats on this route, Alicost.

You can see their current schedule here: http://www.lauroweb.com/orariotariff...licost2010.pdf

There are three morning boats, slower ferries at 7:50 and 8:40, or a fast boat at 8:15 (arrives 9:25). Each makes between one to three stops before arriving at Capri (at Minori, Amalfi, Positano).

The return is more difficult, you really only have one choice and if it doesn't fit with your schedule, you may be out of luck. The return leaves Capri at 3:30 and arrives in Salerno at 4:55.

progress.gif

Archived