Marco Polo ------Baltic.

Has anyone done a recent Baltic cruise incl' St Petersburg on the Marco Polo?

There are many negative reports on the cruise line thread and few complimentory ones!! First hand knowledge is unbeatable so if there is anyone out there your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Happy cruising.

We did the Grand Scandinavian on the Marco Polo in 2003.

We selected the cruise for the itinerary, and were not disappointed. It started in Stockholm and ended in Copenhagen, which meant we didn't "waste" any time sailing to/from England, and it did not include any stops in Germany or Poland, places we didn't want to go.

The ship, however, was another story. We don't regret going, but I wouldn't rush to sail on the Marco Polo again. We did like the size of the ship very much.

Our inside cabin was the tiniest we had ever seen; if one of us were up and about, it was best if the other sat on a bed, to be out of the way.

The food was OK, not great, and we had a terrible waiter. In general, the wait staff wasn't great. One day we ate lunch in the main dining room; I ordered a BLT from the menu, and was told they were out. Of what? A typical example.

The entertainment was mediocre--their production company seemed like amusement park rejects. The Captain's talks were very good--he was charming and funny.

Despite the ship's shortcomings, we had a wonderful time, and met people we liked so much we're travelling together again.

From what I can find on the boards it does not look good for the Marco Polo!!!

To me the ship is a very important part of the trip, I would not "put up" with a poor ship experience in exchange for a good itinery. If I am spending a fair amount of money I want comfort and service. Maybe I will stick with HAL.

Any more comments ??

Thanks and happy cruising.

I sailed Marco Polo just before NCL took Orient over. Our B catergory cabin was very roomy and found everything about the Western Med. cruise to be first class. What has happened since NCL is another story, from someone else who has might have first hand knowledge.

Archived