"Other" eating/drinking places on POA

TXDZ

I think I'm fully briefed on Skyline, Liberty, Aloha Cafe, Cadillac Diner & East Meets West, but there's very little written about some of the other places. Curious to hear about them - specifically:

Key West Bar & Grill - what do they serve from the grill?

John Adams Coffee Bar - is the coffee any good? Compared to Starbucks or other?

Are cocktails across the ship bars pretty consistent, or did one place pour better than another?

If you could eat at one of the "premium" restaurants, which one would you choose, and why?

I think I'm fully briefed on Skyline, Liberty, Aloha Cafe, Cadillac Diner & East Meets West, but there's very little written about some of the other places. Curious to hear about them - specifically:

Are cocktails across the ship bars pretty consistent, or did one place pour better than another?

If you could eat at one of the "premium" restaurants, which one would you choose, and why?

Never had coffee at John Adams, but that's where we went just about every evening for wine or a cocktail after our busy day ashore. The reason we went was a particular waiter there (we always sat at a table by the windows, not at the bar) named Richard Craig, who'd give us great advice for the next port.

He's also the one that recommended that we try Jefferson's Bistro, as he said that's where all the crew goes when they have the opportunity. We did go and I loved it. We ate a bunch of escargot, shared beef Wellington, and had crepes suzette for dessert. Yum!

Key West Bar & Grill has the best seasoned french fries! We ate them every day! They are open from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Deck 12 that loverlooks the pool.

They grill up hot dogs, hamburgers, turkey burgers, grilled chicken, grilled cheese, and those delicious crispy seasoned fries! They also have fruit (grapes, apples), potato salad, etc. It's small. The grilled items rotate. Daily they did have the hot dogs, hamburgers and turkey burgers. Sometimes they had the grilled chicken and grilled cheese and sometimes they also hat bratwurst and other types of sausages. One day they had fried chicken tenders.

Daily in the Gold Rush Saloon is Margarita Madness from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. You can access them off the pool deck on Deck 11. We'd go in, get our margaritas and take them back to the pool. They have several different kinds to choose from for $4.95! They were good. The Gold Rush Saloon also has fresh popped popcorn!

I second the Gold Rush Saloon. There margaritas were the best! The saloon also serves as over flow seating for the Aloha Cafe. It is quiet and very near the dessert line.

My favorite restaurant was Jefferson's Bistro. The food was excellent and the service top notch!

Lanai Bar...best kept secret on ship....hard to get to, quiet, great staff (Cha Cha in the evenings, name of bar tender not the dance:)) Martini's 4.95 and Mai Tai's 3.95 from 9-10:00pm. Great place to kick back

Lanai Bar...best kept secret on ship....hard to get to, quiet, great staff (Cha Cha in the evenings, name of bar tender not the dance:)) Martini's 4.95 and Mai Tai's 3.95 from 9-10:00pm. Great place to kick back

Good martinis? :p That sounds like a great spot to relax with a drink :). Thanks!

Had one coffee at coffee bar- not worth it..

Little Italy-nothing special. Jefferson's looked nice but at $25pp we felt like that would pay for most of the meal, so skipped it.

Lunch at Key West was great, not too crowded, and f.f were great. So was popcorn chicken.

Ate at Little Italy... food was good but not great. Not very crowded the night we went. (second Maui night).

Did not eat at any of the other specialty restaurants because we felt they were too high priced. (and we don't like oriental food...)

Cadillac Diner is a nice place for a meal as is Key West. Aloha Cafe is hit or miss with food quality and crowd size.

We thought the Key West was one of the better eateries on the ship...we went there for fries and drinks just about every day when we returned from touring. We thought the cocktails were better/stronger there as well. Did have brats and burgers a few times...also were fine.

Our favorite speciality restaurant was the Teppanyaki room in East meets West...fun, and great quality food (especially the filet)

Archived