booking a cruise while on a cruise?

pinkteamx3

My husband and I are going on a cruise in Feb. I have a feeling I will become addicted and will want to book another cruise soon after leaving port. My question is if I can get a good deal on a future cruise while still on the ship can I book a cruise for another cruise line that Carnival owns or do I have to book a Carnival ship? Nothing against Carnival I just want to do my homework before we go so that I know exactly what I want to book.

-pink-

My husband and I are going on a cruise in Feb. I have a feeling I will become addicted and will want to book another cruise soon after leaving port. My question is if I can get a good deal on a future cruise while still on the ship can I book a cruise for another cruise line that Carnival owns or do I have to book a Carnival ship? Nothing against Carnival I just want to do my homework before we go so that I know exactly what I want to book.

-pink-

On Liberty last year they had a Loyalty Desk set up on the Promenade. You could book cruises there, and you could also buy future cruise vouchers. When you buy those, you basically put 100 bucks toward your next sailing, and in turn you will receive some on board credit when you book.

Like "Darth" said, there's really no advantage to booking aboard, but there certainly IS an advantage to purchasing the "Future Cruise Certificate" while on board. You buy the certificate for $100, and you then have up to 5 years to book your next Carnival Cruise. When you book, you use the certificate towards the final payment ($100 off) and you also get an onboard credit, depending on the length of the cruise you book, from $50 to $150. (7 day cruise will get you $100 OBC) It's a very easy way to double your money if you're going to take another Carnival cruise.

"SKY"

Interesting since you can book a Celebrity cruise while onboard RCCL.

Maybe Carnival should take note ... but there are so many Carnival brands, that the reps probably cant be trained to know them all??

... don't shoot the messenger, I was just answering the OPs question.

-pink-

I believe the answer to your question is no, you cannot buy a ticket for another Carnival owned ship while onboard a Carnival ship.

Never understood why they do not offer something to get you to book while cruising.

I think so too. I am not sure, but think I read RCL gives 2 category upgrades for booking onboard. Even that would help to me.

The onboard credit from the Future Cruise Certificate is incentive enough for me!!

But you dont have to book onboard to get it, so no incentive to actually book onboard. You could buy one and bring it home and book.

Archived