Island Princess cruisetour--HELP

karenvit

We are doing the 7 day cruise to Alaska and the doing the 3 day cruisetour to Denali--what is the deal with the luggage--do you need to buy smaller bags for the train or are they provided? When do you get your luggage that you gave them from the cruise? Can you just wait for your bags to be brought to you or do you really need these other bags? Thanks so much.

Karen

We are doing the 7 day cruise to Alaska and the doing the 3 day cruisetour to Denali--what is the deal with the luggage--do you need to buy smaller bags for the train or are they provided? When do you get your luggage that you gave them from the cruise? Can you just wait for your bags to be brought to you or do you really need these other bags? Thanks so much.

Karen

You can take one bag and one carry-on with you on the land portion. The carry-on should not be too big as it must fit under your seat on the train. The bag can be as big as you want. You will not have access to it during the day. It will be taken from lodge to lodge on a truck and will "appear" in your room at the lodge. If each person on the tour has more than one bag, Princess will hold the "extra" bag and give it back to you on the last night.

You can take one bag and one carry-on with you on the land portion. The carry-on should not be too big as it must fit under your seat on the train. The bag can be as big as you want. You will not have access to it during the day. It will be taken from lodge to lodge on a truck and will "appear" in your room at the lodge. If each person on the tour has more than one bag, Princess will hold the "extra" bag and give it back to you on the last night.

Do you need a carryon bag if your bags arrive at the lodge? Thanks and sorry if I appear dense--we have never done one of these before.

Karen

Do you need a carryon bag if your bags arrive at the lodge? Thanks and sorry if I appear dense--we have never done one of these before.

Karen

Well, most people use a carry-on for their camera, binoculars, extra jacket, prescription medicines, etc. This is not usually a "suitcase" - more like a backpack, etc. Just consider what you want to keep with you during the day.

Your luggage that is traveling with you on the land portion does not go with you the train, it goes by truck. It is a good idea to take items as mentioned, meds and such with you in a carry-on such as a backpack.

The other bags, will meet you in your final destination. You will want to pack away the things that are not needed for the land tour like formal wear, items purchased and such.

Your luggage that is traveling with you on the land portion does not go with you the train, it goes by truck. It is a good idea to take items as mentioned, meds and such with you in a carry-on such as a backpack.

The other bags, will meet you in your final destination. You will want to pack away the things that are not needed for the land tour like formal wear, items purchased and such.

we are doing the cruise first and then doing the tour--so will our bags be in the lodge the first night we are there? I was not planning to pack seperate bags for everyone--but if I must I will do it.

Karen

Your last stop of your land tour, your bags will be there waiting for you. So, you will not see them for the entire trip until your last stop before you go home.

If each person packs into one good sized suitcase(I know this is hard for some...) then you just take that one suitcase along with you on the whole land portion of the cruisetour and you have it every night. If you're packed into two suitcases then send one of them(with the formal wear, etc.) to your final land lodge/hotel. These bags can get handled quite roughly we found, worse than the airport, so take a sturdy suitcase that can survive landing after being thrown from the back of a truck! Make sure that you have clothing you'll need for any excursions you're taking upon arrival at your new destination each day(i.e. Talkeetna) as your suitcase might not be available immediately upon your arrival at the lodge/hotel.

Archived