Time from when ship docks to airport?

cmlmich

We will be on the Valor on November 7th and our schedule says the ship will be back in Miami at 8am. I am trying to plan air travel back home and wondering how much time I should allow to get from port to airport? If the ship gets in at 8am, would it be possible to get on a 10:30am flight home or am I pushing it?

Thanks

We will be on the Valor on November 7th and our schedule says the ship will be back in Miami at 8am. I am trying to plan air travel back home and wondering how much time I should allow to get from port to airport? If the ship gets in at 8am, would it be possible to get on a 10:30am flight home or am I pushing it?

Thanks

Are you flying into MIA or FLL? Provided you carry your bags off and there are no delays in the ship being cleared you could make it to MIA. However, I tend to not book a flight prior to noon.

Just FYI, flights to FLL are usually less in my experience and the commute is not a bad one.

We leave on Valor Sunday:)

Last time I cruised out of Miami I barely made a 2:30 flight because of Customs delays in the terminal.

Having said that, if everything goes perfectly and you do self debarkation the airport is only about 20 minutes away and you should make it.

For me in the future I'll be making my flights after noon and taking part in the Express luggage options so that I don't have to stand in any lines at the airport (except security)

You are certainly pushing it. If the flight departs at 10:30, you need to be at the airport by 9:30. If the cab ride takes 25 minutes, you need to get into the cab at 9:05. If the ship docks at 8AM, bags still need to be unloaded, customs and immigration need to be cleared, bags need to be picked up and a taxi needs to be found.

I certainly wouldn't do it. Why be stressed out your entire cruise with worry about your departure? Take a later flight and relax!

Thanks

The odds are that you make it without any issue. The ship will probably dock closer to 6:00 a.m. than 8:00 and disembarkation should begin by 7:30. Even without carrying your bags you can expect to be off the ship by 8:30, and it is only about 15 minutes to MIA.

Two problems might arise, first security at the airport can be crazy but if you are there before 9:00 you should be OK, and secondly customs can throw a monkey wrench in the works, but if that happens you might miss a late afternoon flight.

Archived