Avalon Felicity Romantic Rhine 7/18/10

perfcons

This may sound like a silly question, but does anyone know if the Felicity is equipped with electric sockets that will accomodate US cell phone chargers? I have read the documentation provided and was unclear if all the sockets were 220, or all except the bathroom. Thanks, leaving Sat and this is a last minute question.

All you will need is an adapter for your cell phone. Cell phone chargers these days can detect what voltage is coming through the lines and adjust for it. I just used an adapter for my cell phone, Kindle, camera, and curling iron!

agreed with Webfoot. My wife simply used an adapter for netbook & phone. I didn't realize curling iron's would simply need an adapter although lately, my need of a curling iron is long gone. I'm grateful just to have to bring a brush and comb along. :)

In order for a curling iron to only need an adapter, it needs to be a dual voltage curling iron. If it is a standard US curling iron, it will not get hot enough to curl, even if you use a converter. The same goes for hair straighteners / flat irons. If you are going to travel to Europe more than once, it makes sense to invest in dual voltage appliances. They can be used here and in Europe and are not that expensive. I have both dual voltage curling irons and travel hair dryers and they are some of the best purchases I made. When I was in Egypt with a group of 8 women, mine was one of the only curling irons to work.

Archived