I screwed up my "My Time Dining" reservation

but now the times after sail away are booked solid.

Hi everyone

Don't want to piggyback the thread but you MTDiners may be able to give us some advice.

We have been confirmed for the second sitting in the MDR at 9.00pm which is a great time for us. (Brilliance of the Seas Med Cruise)

However our request for a table for two has not been confirmed. Would we be better to change for MTD? Would that give us a better chance of a table for two? (We have memories of being seated with the Addams Family on one cruise :)).

Also, how late can one dine with MTD? Would 9.30p.m. be an option?

Many thanks

B&T

Hi everyone

Don't want to piggyback the thread but you MTDiners may be able to give us some advice.

We have been confirmed for the second sitting in the MDR at 9.00pm which is a great time for us. (Brilliance of the Seas Med Cruise)

However our request for a table for two has not been confirmed. Would we be better to change for MTD? Would that give us a better chance of a table for two? (We have memories of being seated with the Addams Family on one cruise :)).

Also, how late can one dine with MTD? Would 9.30p.m. be an option?

Many thanks

B&T

I cannot specifically address the Brilliance but i have done MTD the past 3 cruises . You can make a "reservation" for MTD. On the Majesty and Liberty, i thought 9Pm was the latest but i could be wrong.

Upon boarding the ship check the compass for when the dining room is open to accomodate changes ( usually 1PM i think) ....ask to check tables in the MTD dining room and look for a 2 table that suits you ( WINDOW?)..then proceed to the gentleman at the stand and ask if you can "reserve table #?? for 9PM tonight? It may or maynot be available...If it is not, ask him for a 2 table that is? The past 2 cruises, we have been able to make standing reservations for the entire cruise at "our table" since we like the same time and just want to be a 2. If they won't let you make it for the whole cruise.. we have also made a reservation for the next night upon leaving.

we love MTD....and we have had some wonderful two tables...your neighbor may be close enough to chat with if you want or you can keep to yourselves.:D

. I got spoiled on my last cruise watching the sailaways during the sun set on my last cruise in the southern Caribbean! :)

Its so true about the Southern Carib!. Normally i could give a hoot about sailaways but January in the Southern Caribbean we saw the most beautiful sunsets and rainbows at Sailaway. That was before MTD was instituted and i HATED rushing to not be late for 6Pm!

There seemed to be plenty of tables for two on our April TA on the Navigator. We usually prefer to eat with others, but when we wanted a table for two one was always available with no wait.

But, as I said earlier, there weren't that many My-timers on that sailing, around 260, we heard. I don't know if that is usually the case or not.

I have a question. We are sailing on the Serenade with 4 couples. I have always done late seating. This time we chose MTD but I am wondering if it will be a longer wait for a large party.

Also, can you request that you have the same servers every night? I am afraid that I will miss that relationship that develops with the servers during the cruise.

I have a question. We are sailing on the Serenade with 4 couples. I have always done late seating. This time we chose MTD but I am wondering if it will be a longer wait for a large party.

Also, can you request that you have the same servers every night? I am afraid that I will miss that relationship that develops with the servers during the cruise.

I can't speak specifically to the Serenade but there were tables of 8-10 in MTD near us on our last 2 cruises in the same location at about the same time with the same waitstaff. Wiat time could be lengthy w/o a reservation but you can "reserve" in My time. Some finds that defeats the purpose of the flexibility of MTD but i guess it's all what you're looking for.Make your first night's reservation once you board.

Personally i like the option of a table for 2 in a location I've chosen and the less lengthy dinnertime.

Archived