*~~~LIVE from Oasis 7/17/2010~~~*

Hey,

Just wondered what Boardwalk Deck would be best for viewing the aqua show from our balcony? We looking to get the very last cabin, just need to know which deck is best and not to high to view things.

You said the secret areas back there were on decks 11 and 12. So would those 2 decks be better then say deck 10 , 9 or 8?

Jimbo:)

Where are you docked in St. Thomas???? Enjoy!

I was just checking out my iphone app called Cruise Cam and it has port cams as well as on-board cams...went to the St. Thomas one and there was the Oasis!

This particular camera is on one of the gondola's on the Skyride to Paradise Point.

Maybe this answers your question? Hope so

Cheers

Persnickety

p.s. loving the review DZ, everyone's said it already but you really do stir up the excitement in us for our own cruises, especially if they're on Oasis/Allure :)

Thanks for sharing!

We are in St Thomas with TORRENTIAL down pours! Actually the winds have been very very high most of this trip so I guess no one is surprised at the storm. Not sure I care...lol. I do feel bad as many excursions did get cancelled. We got off just to go to the shops right here at the pier but they were too limited. We were off maybe 30 minutes. Getting off the ship is soo easy. In the elevator the gangway light has a star next to it and is lit up. Takes you to an escalator.

I am in the concierge and he just said tomorrow in St Maartin will be more of the same. OH NO!! ORIENT BEACH!!! I CAN"T GO!!!???? Well, I am on the Oasis...I will survive!

I don't have my notes, so to the person who asked.....the food and beverage manager is Micheal Ochmann.

Tonight we have the Crown and Anchor cocktail party at 5. Then Chops at 6. Next is the Headliner show at 8:30...the Quest is late....11:45....but I will nap if need be! Can't miss that!!

Friday we have a 9am behind the scenes theatre tour, and at 1pm the galley tour. I did the galley tour on the Explorer and that was pretty amazing....I can imagine this one!!! Hubby has a bridge tour tomorrow morning at 9am (I wasn't interested)...he wasn't going to make it as we were going to Orient Beach, but he may make it now....looks pretty bad for tomorrow.

For those of you who have access to this concierge room, the concierge room is AWESOME!!! Ferando is a DOLL and so is his staff. It is a wonderfully comfortable place to be. We haven't hung in the diamond room at all! This is where I am now posting from. I HATE using a laptop, using a regular computer is much easier! As I am posting, I am nibbling on some crustless tuna sandwiches they just set out. Always delicious stuff in here.

Tomorrow night is the ice show...Frozen in Time.

Time to say it again....an AMAZING ship, with AMAZING CREW! I am just loving every second I am on here and am trying not to tear up thinking it is already day 4. For those of you that have cruised it already, you KNOW what I am talking about. For those of you that are going to sail her....OMG!!! You honestly have no idea what you are in store for!!!

Not sure what we are doing next...going to stroll down the promenade and figure it out.

Oh, I do have a nail appt at 3:15, and at the same time hubby has a massage!

I was just checking out my iphone app called Cruise Cam and it has port cams as well as on-board cams...went to the St. Thomas one and there was the Oasis!

This particular camera is on one of the gondola's on the Skyride to Paradise Point.

Maybe this answers your question? Hope so

Cheers

Persnickety

p.s. loving the review DZ, everyone's said it already but you really do stir up the excitement in us for our own cruises, especially if they're on Oasis/Allure :)

Thanks for sharing!

TY!!

For those posting here who have cruised with me and know my enthusiasm...I AM NOT EVEN SHOWING YOU HOW EXCITED I AM!!!! I don't want to act like the crazy lady that someone posted I was!! lol

OMG..I want to go to..can someone sneak me on? DZ is a friend of mine...met her a few years back... shared hysterical times at the dinner table, and more.... miss her...miss cruising..... HI KAY!!!!

dz.....how are the soups??? xoxo

Hey, Shari!!! How are you?? We should have saved our pennies and joined Denise!!! Everything she is describing makes me now really want to try Oasis!!! I, too love the chilled soups.

Denise........so, they "serve you" breakfast in the conciege lounge???? Is this the "Diamond Plus/Suite Lounge" or the Diamond Lounge?? Who are the concierges in both lounges???

Guess we will have to find a way to get Shari back on a ship....she misses cruising.

Have another great day!!

Wendy...the star gazing is usally done on the last 2 sea days, weather permitting.

By the way, we still have and treasure the gift bag my daughter got from you from the M and M gift exchange on the Mariner cruise. I hope to get to cruise with you (and so many others) again soon!!!

Hey, Shari!!! How are you?? We should have saved our pennies and joined Denise!!! Everything she is describing makes me now really want to try Oasis!!! I, too love the chilled soups.

Denise........so, they "serve you" breakfast in the conciege lounge???? Is this the "Diamond Plus/Suite Lounge" or the Diamond Lounge?? Who are the concierges in both longes???

Guess we will have to find a way to get Shari back on a ship....she misses cruising.

Have another great day!!

Hi Kay!!!

yes, there is a wonderful menu you can choose from and they serve you (breakfast and lunch and always stuff to munch on too), and so happily too!!!!

In here is Reyno and Fernando...both DOLLS!!! (think I may have said that already!!)

ok everyone...we are off!!! Will post later!!!

Denise--no one would say you are crazy!! Least of all those that keep reading your fantastic report and are dying to sail her....We leave in a few short weeks.........we are on the 8/14 sailing!!!! :D

When you go to the spa can you find out what day the mother-daughter massages are? Someone said they are one of the specials and either $99 or $109

Thanks so much for taking all of us with you.....I think it is time for a mango tango!

I don't have my notes, so to the person who asked.....the food and beverage manager is Micheal Ochmann.

Is he from Australia????? Was he on Enchantment last summer(along with his wife?)

I remember Fernando from some ship, but don't remember which one.....maybe Liberty or Adventure??

Also, if you happen to see the Carnival Dream (should be in port in St. Thomas and St. Maarten with you), how is she compared to Oasis?? We'll be cruising on Dream in a week and a half!!

Firstly.... where is this webcam that people can see the ship leaving, is it a port one ?

Here is the Website for watching ships in and out of Port Everglades http://inletcam.com/

I watch several ships set sail yesterday. :D

Like most everything with cruising, there's also a choice of webcam sites for Port Everglades... hmm, a buffet you might say! :)

You can also try:

http://PortEvergladesWebcam.com

http://PortFever.com

(same camera... different presentations)

Denise--no one would say you are crazy!! Least of all those that keep reading your fantastic report and are dying to sail her....We leave in a few short weeks.........we are on the 8/14 sailing!!!! :D

When you go to the spa can you find out what day the mother-daughter massages are? Someone said they are one of the specials and either $99 or $109

Thanks so much for taking all of us with you.....I think it is time for a mango tango!

Hey cruznurse, we are sailing the week after you!!! :D Looking forward to this for sooooo long!!!! :p Have a good cruise and leave so fun for us too!!!! :p :D :)

Like most everything with cruising, there's also a choice of webcam sites for Port Everglades... hmm, a buffet you might say! :)

You can also try:

Hi PortFever, would there be a camera like this at Port Canaveral? My sister and I will be cruising from there next August. :confused: Thanks!

Hey cruznurse, we are sailing the week after you!!! :D Looking forward to this for sooooo long!!!! :p Have a good cruise and leave so fun for us too!!!! :p :D :)

jjtt I certainly will leave a bit for you.......I am not sure if my son will leave any donuts though!:) I have sent my family...all 15 of them denise's trip report...... and now they are as anxious as me

You can also try:

Hellooooooooo from the UK Port Fever !!!

You have got the MOST AWESOME webcam !!!

It keeps me quiet for hours (Thank goodness says Hub...lol...)

Whoops...sorry to Hijack your thread Dz !!! I am just LOVING your posts, thank you for continuing to share your Oasis experience with us all ...

Hey there.....This is Amanda and we are cruising on the Allure in March 2011.....Reading this thread has made me more excited than ever......We were on Freedom in November 2008.....Had the best time ever and that was our very first cruise.....This will be our second......Such great memories and friendships are made on these ships......I'm so grateful to have discovered cruising and will be following you throughout your cruise.....Have a wonderful time and thanks again for taking time out of your cruise to let us enjoy it with you:):)

jjtt I certainly will leave a bit for you.......I am not sure if my son will leave any donuts though!:) I have sent my family...all 15 of them denise's trip report...... and now they are as anxious as me

Oh NO, NO DONUTS!!!! ;) My hubby is donut crazy and is looking forward to enjoying as many (hopefully one a day :rolleyes:) as he can!!!

Yes, Denise's review is awesome!! I keep checking back in. Have you checked out the other one? swwake's she put photos with hers!!! You have to take a look. :cool:

hey everyone!

Upon my return I will be posting pictures...taken hundreds thus far!!

Someone asked about mother/daughter massages....not sure about specals but there is a facial for both for $99....a 50 minute massage is listed at $195.

Had a wonderful stroll on the Promenade and my afternoon coffee. Then had my nails done. Hubby is getting a massage.

I made an error about the C an A cocktail party...it is tomorrow, not tonight.

So the weather is HORRIBLE (torrential downpours, lots of thunder etc) and seems it will be in St Maartin tomorrow. I can't say I am not dissapointed about not getting to Orient Beach. I am hoping for a miracle. I miss the pool too!!!!

Have a million calls to return so going to do that now as I roam.

Looing forward to another wonderful and busy evening on this amazing ship.

Sorry today has been slow so not a lot to report that you guys will think is interesting. But everything I do on this ship, and everywhere I go on this ship...I am thrilled!!!!

So the weather is HORRIBLE (torrential downpours, lots of thunder etc) and seems it will be in St Maartin tomorrow. I can't say I am not dissapointed about not getting to Orient Beach. I am hoping for a miracle. I miss the pool too!!!!

Anyone with rain gear in Central Park and Boardwalk :) I am curious if this less than perfect weather is forcing cruisers inside making the ship seem more crowded..have you noticed this

hey everyone!

YEA!!!! I can't wait to see them!!! :D

I am sooo sorry for you and all the other passengers. How disappointed you must be. You can't go outside and enjoy the outdoors or the ports (islands). Is the captain stopping at the ports or the weather is not permitting him to? Glad you are enjoying yourself in spite of the storm!!!

hey everyone!

Someone asked about mother/daughter massages....not sure about specals but there is a facial for both for $99....a 50 minute massage is listed at $195.

Had a wonderful stroll on the Promenade and my afternoon coffee. Then had my nails done. Hubby is getting a massage.

I made an error about the C an A cocktail party...it is tomorrow, not tonight.

Have a million calls to return so going to do that now as I roam.

Looing forward to another wonderful and busy evening on this amazing ship.

Sorry today has been slow so not a lot to report that you guys will think is interesting. But everything I do on this ship, and everywhere I go on this ship...I am thrilled!!!!

Wishing you better weather so you can enjoy my favorite port of St. Maarten!! :)

Archived