Just off the Crown Princess!

Hi ...sitting in Heathrow now after a wonderful cruise from Southampton, England to the Norwegian Fjords! We visited Stavanger, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Trondheim, North Cape, Tromso, Flaam and Bergen! We enjoyed the ship and everything was wonderful from the food to the service. In Stavanger we did a cruise of the Lysefjord which was very nice. In Hellesylt and Geiranger we did the Best of Geiranger tour which was the most amazing excursion of all. We also visited Mount Dalsnibba that day..absolutely the best scenery imaginable!! Trondheim we were not to impressed with as there wasnt much to do there although we did see the Nidaros Cathedral and the Ringve Museum. North Cape was completely amazing and if you have the opportunity to see it it is a must! Tromso was lovely too and has an amazing cable car that takes you to the top of the mountain to city the entire city and we were fortunate enough to see a giant rainbow as well! We also visited the Polar museum and the Arctic Cathedral. Flaam is another lovely port (it was my 2nd favorite) and we did the Overland to Voss which was quite scenic...although we were a little disappointed in the Flambannen train..I expected it to be more scenic but the trees are getting tall and block some view and plus you have to stand up over others on the train and it's difficult to get pictures. Bergen was a total washout out while we were in port. We tried to do a Mt. Floien hike but abandoned the tour prematurely because it was pouring rain..but we did get to see the lovely view from the funicular! Overall, I would say this was a lovely trip. Prior to the cruise we spent 5 days in London seeing all the sites and staying at the Crowne Plaza St. James which was very nice. One thing to note for those interested was that the ship did have some communication issues for the internet in several ports due to the fjords.

I'm ready to plan to my next adventure! :D

We just did a fjords cruise on the Queen Victoria to Stavanger, Flam, Geiranger and Bergen.

We loved Flam and the railway and also Geiranger and Mt Dalsnibba. In Bergen we went to Bryggen & the fish market and also up Mt Floien on the funicular and walked back down.

By the way this is in the wrong forum. It should be in Northern Europe

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

Hi..thanks..I have been put on this forum because i did in fact go to the other one..i think its because my ship left from southampton so that is why..i originally was posting on the northern europe forum but they moved all my posts to here...

INternet is tricky in the Fjords as they are so tall it blocks the satellite, but interestingly enough there are so many transponders for cell phone service that one is never without service (or so it seemed) there are surely some dead zones but by and large cell service is incredible in the fjords as well as in the waters off shore and I am not talking cellular at sea here.

Hi ..

. North Cape was completely amazing and if you have the opportunity to see it it is a must!

Sorry to hear that as my daughter who works aboard the Crown Princess was unable to go ashore that day due to being on duty. I assured her she didn't miss much! (But what is a father to say?)

• 3 weeks later...

We are about to book the Crown and see that it arrives back at 5am. Am wondering how early you can get off doing express taking our luggage? Would like to get at 10:55 flight out of Heathrow. Thanks for any help.

Judy

Archived