Wounderful ES rate

PA Dutchman

Playing with booked cruise price today. Do you and does Carnival use your cruise rate price for cat cabin to look for price drop or is it the total cost of the cruise with tax and fees ??

Looking at our cruise (rate) it droped $10 from what it was when we booked it. Looking at the total of the cruise the tax went up making the total cruise price higher if you book same cruise today.

sent Carnival the price change for OBC, No No No you have the lowest price booked, that was the answer. So whats Carnival useing ? the cruise rate or the total cruise price ?

With all the cruises we have been on with Carnival this has been the first time we ever saw a rate drop and tried to play their game, its only $20 but I thought id play.

They use the cruise rate, but if the taxes went up you will owe them and TAs tell me you COULD be charged the difference once onboard ...but apparantly carnival doesnt bother.

Before the days of ES I had the increase subtracted from my price drop before they posted my price drop, so I did pay that one before I embarked.

So, my answer is both count, but you might not be charged for the increase in taxes and fees.

If you are sure your category went down $10 pp, email them back and ask why? thats what Id do in this case.

I had submitted the form for a price drop on our cruise, it was $10pp lower from what I could figure out. Carnival was great about it, they emailed me back and said that was for a different catagory, but that my catagory actually went down $20pp, they told me to resubmit the form and it would be approved. We got our $40 OBC!

I thought that was great customer service on their end!! :)

Oh, and that was off the base fare.

I’m not sure if I’m understanding your question, but I can tell you what happened in our case last November. When our cruise dropped in price by $181.00 (total) that amount was quickly (and easily) applied to our outstanding balance.

We’d originally booked our cruise through Costco and when it dropped in price 3 weeks later, I called them back. From what I understand, they submit a form to Carnival and the outstanding balance is adjusted. Within a day or so I was sent a new invoice showing a reduced balance due.

Archived