Anyone done the Submarine Tour?

BoatGirl

I am surprised to not find anyone here talking about the submarine tour. Does that mean it's not that great?

My kids are 8 & 9 and interested in seeing the undersea life, but are a little afraid to get too close. We are trying to decide between a dolphin encounter (not a swim) and a submarine tour.

$80 p/p seems like a lot of money to me for a 1.5 hr. excursion, but if it is awesome, I would pay the money.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Boatgirl

My Dad and I did it about 3 years ago and yeah, it's pretty cool! Tons of marine life, coral, sharks (if yer lucky), the occasional diver, and the drop-off where the island rises out of the ocean. Everyone gets their own window, and there are fish ID charts hanging in front of you so you can put a name to a face! Oh, and you reach a max. depth of about 100ft! Have fun!

P.S.- Use the search feature to find other reviews. Use words like Atlantis, submarine, ummmm....claustorphobic? :D

Atlantis subs ARE awesome! The kids will LOVE it, they have divers who go in at one point and feed the fish - you can't see anything BUT fish they're so thick! I know it's a bit pricey, but if you're not a diver it's the best way to experience what's down there.

We did this excusion on Jan. 27 and thought it was worth the money. We didn't have any divers with the fish but we did see a lot of fish. We dove down to about 110 feet. We saw sharks, a barracuda, some lobster, some small jellyfish, and some small rays. If you are not a scuba diver then you will really enjoy it.

Thanks for all the positive feed back. Sounds like a good excursion for us! Does it make a difference if we book directly or through Carnival?

Tom: Thanks for the tip on what to search for, I'll do that!

Diane

Archived