Explorer of the Seas in June

How rough are the seas crossing to Bermuda in June? We are thinking of booking the 9 night Bermuda&Caribbean cruise on Explorer next June. I Cruised to Bermuda several years ago in May on Celebrity's Zenith and the crossing was not a good experience due to a storm, So I am hoping June will be calmer and the fact that Explorer is a bigger ship the stabilizers might be better.

Lisa

Just went on the Explorer last month, the June 5th sailing.

We only did the 5 day sailing with 2 days in Bermuda, and the 1st sea day was VERY rough. My 14 YO daughter was seasick in bed the entire day.

I had everything you could imagine for seasickness and nothing

seemed to help. The day before (day one) she put the scopolamine patch on. Day 2, when she started to get seasick early morning I gave her Bonnie. That didnt work, so I gave her dramamine, that didnt help. Later

I gave her Kaopectate and it finally worked. She had the nausea

and vomiting. So Kaopectate actually worked for vomiting. The sea

can be rough no matter what size ship. Thank goodness day 4 at sea

was calm.

i went last year on the same ship in june... i was fine until the last night... coming back into bayonne made me sick BUT i took some dramamine and was totally fine for the rest of the night... it's all luck of the weather... but i do get motion sickness easily and i was ok

We were on the June 19 sailing and had no problems whatsoever. The seas were quite calm, and we only had rather high winds the first afternoon, when we passed through a short storm. I think it just depends on the luck of the draw as far as the weather goes.

We LOVED the cruise!

Sue

Archived