Dream cabin 11204, Noisy?

kellyrobin

We just got off the Dream and were in 11220. We definately heard noise from the gym. We couldn't figure out what all the constant banging was all hours of the day and then we went up to the gym and saw that it was weights being dropped on the floor and weight machines banging. It got quiet after 11 pm. Not sure if your cabin will be affected, but this was our experience.

I am booked in Spa cabin 11204, is it noisy due to gym above? Should I change cabins? and are the spa cabins worth extra $$ anyway?? Thanks,

Kelly

You may have some noise. It's mostly eliptical trainers up that way, not treadmills. The treadmills affect 11206-11230 and the free weights and weight machines affect 11216-11232. We were in 11230 and 11232 this past January and the noise was definitiely a wakeup call as early as 5:50AM in the mornings (yes, there are ways you can get into the gym before 6AM:eek:) . In May we were on the other side and had no noise problems. I did notice that early in the May cruise they had signs on several treadmills to not use during early morning hours. However, 3 cruisers just blantantly removed these the first morning and they weren't put back on every day by the gym staff. My rec is to move to 11203 if you can.

Oh great we are in 11226 and 11222 so guess that means NOISE!!! Think I better stop reading the boards because I am getting more and more discouraged about our cruise and booking it on the Dream :( we even splurged for balcony and adjoining room with our friends....NO kids.....darn

Oh great we are in 11226 and 11222 so guess that means NOISE!!! Think I better stop reading the boards because I am getting more and more discouraged about our cruise and booking it on the Dream :( we even splurged for balcony and adjoining room with our friends....NO kids.....darn

Thats why we chose a spa balcony on deck 12...sure it does not have a roof and we get the sun all day and the stars all night, plus lots of people with condensation from their drinks dripping down our back....but who cares....no boom boom boom from the weights, and since there is no reason for privacy on our balcony since we WEAR all of our clothes, then Yippie!!! Who cares if someone can look over, if they do, then I will just look right back and wave hello and invite them down for a martini!

JW

Thats why we chose a spa balcony on deck 12...sure it does not have a roof and we get the sun all day and the stars all night, plus lots of people with condensation from their drinks dripping down our back....but who cares....no boom boom boom from the weights, and since there is no reason for privacy on our balcony since we WEAR all of our clothes, then Yippie!!! Who cares if someone can look over, if they do, then I will just look right back and wave hello and invite them down for a martini!

JW

Can I come by for a martini!! :p

Debbie

Have you checked to see if you could switch to starboard side? or even down the hall where you might be under the spa offices? ( I have learned that the empty space above 11244 is spa offices.) They might not be adjoining rooms but it might be worth it to not be directly under a treadmill.

Debbie

Just so happen that we found out that our adjoining rooms were NOT adjoiniing balconys? Makes no sense to us so we changed our rooms. I mean if you had a choice of opening up your balcony to enjoy it together drinking a *martini*(by the way we will take one) or having your cabin door open in middle which would YOU chose? DUH...yea so called first thing and changed...

We are on opposite side in 11245-243 whatever it is ...it is....I wear ear plugs so don't care about noise..and totally agree about the privacy..if you wanna see me...then HI back at ya

• 6 months later...

In fact our cabin and the quiet location with the front of the ship serving as a gigantic private balcony was one of the best parts of our room.

Don't believe the reviews GET this room (11204) if you can. But beware of this ship buffet and pool areas WAY TOO OVERCROWDED!!

• 2 years later...
In fact our cabin and the quiet location with the front of the ship serving as a gigantic private balcony was one of the best parts of our room.

Don't believe the reviews GET this room (11204) if you can. But beware of this ship buffet and pool areas WAY TOO OVERCROWDED!!

Thanks for coming back to this thread with an update. We are booked in 11204 in November. Glad to hear its quiet.

I am booked in Spa cabin 11204, is it noisy due to gym above? Should I change cabins? and are the spa cabins worth extra $$ anyway?? Thanks,

Kelly

My wife and I were in 11227 (inside, spa) last summer and loved it. We have no kids, and aren't huge fans of the mayhem surrounding the Dream's pools.

Make sure you get your spa wristband early on Day 1. It eliminates a lot of the wait time for access to the extra amenities.

We used the Thalassotherapy Pool multiple times per day. It was so quiet, the jets were fantastic, and there was never more than 2-4 people in the pool at a time.

Additionally, the Thermal Suites were awesome. I don't remember the names, but the hot/humid, hot/dry, steam, and aroma therapy rooms were fantastic. There was never a wait, they were absolutely silent, and had amazing views towards the front and sides of the ship.

There is a small elevator and spiral staircase at the front of the Deck 11 cabins. This offers quick access to the spa and the Serenity deck and they're not heavily trafficked. Also, there is a narrow outside area on the front of Deck 11 that has great views in and out of port, and at night. Not many people know about this area.

I'd take a spa room again in a heartbeat.

Edit: Newbie alert. Just realized this thread was really old. I hope my info proves useful to someone in the future!

Edited by gtg122a

• 7 months later...
Ok so I just booked this 11204 cabin. How do you get the "bracelet" that gives you access to the spa? Do you go to customer service? Or is it in your cabin? Thanks.

Take your room key and go to the front desk at the spa.

Briefly explain that you have a room on the Spa Deck and are there to pick up your access wristband.

Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.

The thalassotherapy (spelling?) pool is only accessible using a key card that you have to get from the front desk of the spa. When you walk up, show them your wristband, and they'll toss you a key. No need to wait in line at the computer or have your ID checked all of the time.

The pool access key also works for the steam and heat therapy rooms on the other side of the boat from the indoor pool.