What excursions to book on a Western Caribbean 7 day?

fisherlvnv

We are new to Celebrity and are going on a Western Caribbean 7 day. We are in Aqua Class and would like any suggestions on cabin selection. We are booked in 1556, but the window washing equipment is very near so we will try to change. We enjoy sitting out on the balcony. I do look at the Soltice cabin sticky. We also would like any suggestions on excursions. We are cruising on November 7. I read these boards everyday. I want to make this a wonderful trip for my husband and I. We are celebrating our 15 year annniversary. Any suggestions and advice are apprecitated. On cruise critic I have learned so much!!!

Cayman - get off the ship and walk to Eden's rock dive, rent snorkel gear and enjoy some awesome snorkeling, (if that is what you like to do) Also you can walk down to the wreck of Cali, lots of Tarpon and lobster at the wreck. Its cheap to do

Costa Maya - Maya Chan

Resort...

http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

Very nice day we had there

Cozumel - nachi cocom - nice pool, decent beach, great food and service, awesome drinks, the drity monkey is very good and I am not a big drinker. You have to book via this website in advance ... or you could try paradise beach, Tom has a very nice club there, it really all depends on how many ships are in port, Pardise Beach does not require advance notice, but they also don't have a pool.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Roatan - our favorite - Maya Key, what a great time, great snorkeling, good pool, amazing animals that they resuce....

http://www.mayakeyroatan.com/en/index.html

Have fun on your cruise.

• 3 months later...

I went on the Solstice this past May to the Western Caribbean with my wife and 2 young children. We really loved this itinerary and the ship. In fact, we liked it so much, we booked it again for February 2012. (We're going on the RCCL Liberty of the Seas in February 2011).

We didn't book any excursions, but just did stuff on our own.

In Grand Cayman, we did the turtle farm because my 5 year old is crazy about turtles. And we snorkeled in the enclosed lagoon there. This would not necessarily have been my choice of an activity if it had just been my wife and I (I would have gone to the beach), but for a trip with a 5 year old and a 7 year old, it worked for us and gave the kids, who were first time snorkelers, a chance to do it in a calm environment even though the algae was a turn-off to me. We took the public mini-bus for only a few dollars, I believe, from the stand a few blocks from the terminal.

In Cozumel, we took a taxi to the Chankanaab state park and went snorkeling. It was fantastic and a highlight of our trip.

In Costa Maya, the kids were having too much fun in the Fun Factory and did not want to get off the ship. My wife and I took a van taxi to the beach, rented chairs and had a really nice (albeit windy day) on the beach. Had really good quesadillas and a couple of refreshing ice cold beers.

In Roatan, we went to Maya Key. There was a kiosk in the area of shops on the pier, and they walked us the 2 blocks or so to the ferry over to the island. It was in May, and there were maybe only 10 people on the whole island. It was beautiful, and we really loved it.

The ship is contemporary, sleek, and beautiful. The ports were great, which was a bit unexpected for us, as we have have typically been to the Eastern Caribbean. You'll have a great time!

When you get to Cozumel, from the port take about a $15 taxi ride to Mr Sanchos beach club...free entrance and beach chairs etc...nice pool , clean facilities, nice restaurant...eat right on the beach if you want, do a little souvineer shopping...great place....bring some cash for the food / drinks etc..

Bob

If you can find a way to Rum Point on the Cayman island, you will not be disappointed. We rented a car (quite an experience in itself-drive on other side of the road). But Rum Point is just beautiful. Beautiful setting, drinks, food, hammocks, etc.

Roatan is the highlight of your trip. We just got back from this itinerary. You have to do some kind of excursion here. If you love to snorkel, than you have found your island. Our best snorkeling--ever--and we have been almost everywhere but the Great Barrier Reef for snorkeling. We had a private tour with Bodden tours. Highly recommended on cruise critic and we were not disappointed. Frankie was our guide and we toured the island, saw the monkeys (not to be missed) and spent the afternoon at the Mayan Princess where we sat on the beach, went snorkeling right off the beach and had some cocktails.

Enjoy your trip

Cozumel-Chankanaab Park

Grand Cayman-three spot snorkel including Sting Ray city with Native Way or other good private excursions as suggested on the port of call thread.

Happy Anniversary. A good special excursion in celebration might be swimming with the dolphins at chankanaab.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Archived