Tom and wife

PEARL1067

We are taking our third cruise on holland America we are booked for the December 3rd cruise to Panama Canal.

I am very excited and looking forward to the excursions. I would really appreciate recommendations for Costa Rica.

We love the outdoors and we would like an eco tour of some sort and my

husband loves to sing and dance, does anyone know how the nightlife is on this particular cruise?

Thanking you in advance.

Just a clue for you. We took a "river cruise" to see monkeys, crocs., etc.

This was at the beginning of October; the river was barely running. I had my insect repellant with me but the guide told me not to waste it........they "didn't have a problem with bugs."

My friend and I were "EATEN"....my bites (stings?) were so bad that the welts kept getting larger.

I was miserable with quarter size welts for weeks and had to go to the Dr. when I got home.

The drive to the river was beautiful........the river not so nice..........the fresh fruit served was SO good!

Welcome to Cruise Critc.

We have done the Tortuguero River cruise, bus ride and train ride a coupe of times -- loved it.

We always put our insect repellent on before we go on this type of cruise. But in spite of it -- one time on thie tour I was still bitten on the neck by a wasp.

Just a clue for you. We took a "river cruise" to see monkeys, crocs., etc.

This was at the beginning of October; the river was barely running. I had my insect repellant with me but the guide told me not to waste it........they "didn't have a problem with bugs."

My friend and I were "EATEN"....my bites (stings?) were so bad that the welts kept getting larger.

I was miserable with quarter size welts for weeks and had to go to the Dr. when I got home.

The drive to the river was beautiful........the river not so nice..........the fresh fruit served was SO good!

I took the River Cruise in April, and their were no bugs to be found, the river was just fine. Saw lots of birds,crocs, and howler monkeys...It was raining lightly but the boats had a canopy, so did'nt get wet. And yes the fresh fruit, sodas and beer for free at the end was great. We really enjoyed the trip

We are booked on the same 12/03/10 cruise as you and, for our Puerto Limon (Costa Rica) excursion, we have chosen the Tortuguero Canals pontoon expedition, which seems to be one of the more popular excursions. Since we -- like you -- have never done a Panama Canal cruise before, we would also really appreciate any comments from others who have previously done this itinerary regarding this particular excursion. It's not too late to switch to something else if such should be warranted. All advice welcomed.

We are taking our third cruise on holland America we are booked for the December 3rd cruise to Panama Canal.

I am very excited and looking forward to the excursions. I would really appreciate recommendations for Costa Rica.

We love the outdoors and we would like an eco tour of some sort and my

husband loves to sing and dance, does anyone know how the nightlife is on this particular cruise?

Thanking you in advance.

We would love to have you join the roll call

(http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1212956)

It should be a great trip

Rich

Archived