Florist in Santorini close to where the cable car is?

Mer79

Hi all! I'm getting married in Santorini and do not want to pay a fortune for flowers. I'd like to just run into a florist the day we arrive and grab some flowers but i can't find any info on the web. I was wondering if anyone noticed a florist when you got of the cable cars or not to far from that area? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Beth

Lucky you!

I didn't notice any florists in Santorini near the cable cars. My guess is they wouldn't be real close to there because not many tourists would be buying flowers.

Do you have a wedding planner or contact on Santorini that is helping you with your arrangements? You could ask them. Best wishes!

I should think that anything like that would have to be on the main road, behind the pedestrian streets- there will have to be some food shops along there, for self-catering. But flowers?...you'd be better off asking some of the local shop keepers. From my 2006 book, the tourist Information telephone no. is 22860 25490, open from 9am to midnight in the season- they might know, or pass you to someone who does! :cool:

Jo.

Also, Santorini is a very arid island - there'll be very few flowers grown on the island itself. Any being sold will have been shipped in, so who knows what the availability & cost will be.

(Sorry to send you a possibly-dispiriting message...)

Thanks All for the tips! I hate to leave it to chance but i hate paying 100 euro. I heard that taking flowers on and off cruise ships is a no no in most foreign countries - not sure about greece in particular but it'd be a shame to pay that much and only have it for a few hours... I'll figure something out. Thanks for the phone number jocap!

No i haven't look into that site. Thanks!

You're welcome. I want to see pictures of your wedding in Santorini ... please post some when you return. What an amazing place to get married!:)

I thought I had a photo of a wedding of a local girl, but I only have the church, if you can see it....We were having a meal in a cliff top taverna, and watched all the excited guests.

Have a wonderful time!

Jo.

PICT0702.jpg.702d7a53547ab6ac3fa04b33c965eda4.jpg

PICT0701.jpg.95450e01615a01e68d5b776a3bf75255.jpg

Thanks All for the tips! I hate to leave it to chance but i hate paying 100 euro. I heard that taking flowers on and off cruise ships is a no no in most foreign countries - not sure about greece in particular but it'd be a shame to pay that much and only have it for a few hours... I'll figure something out. Thanks for the phone number jocap!

we have a tour booked in October with Dimitri at info@santorinitours.net - I am confident that Dimitri would have a suggestion regarding getting flowers for your wedding - he has been so helpful to us - tell him Bev and Joe Williams recommended him. And he was recommended to us. Hope this helps...

Archived