Snorkeling in Nassau or Freeport???

dane225

My husband and I will be cruising to Nassau and Freeport on our upcoming cruise in Nov. I have not been to the Bahamas in several years. I was wondering which port has better snorkeling now days?? Thanks for any input.:)

My husband and I will be cruising to Nassau and Freeport on our upcoming cruise in Nov. I have not been to the Bahamas in several years. I was wondering which port has better snorkeling now days?? Thanks for any input.:)

Just off the NCL Sky which stopped at both places. Decided to book NCL excursions for both these ports. For me, I preferred the reef that we swam around in Freeport. In Freeport, we took a 20 min bus to Port Lucaya and then used a catamarin out to the reef. This reef seemed like it was in better condition and had more fish that Nassau. The snorkeling in Nassau was at a reef that had too many other boats and therefore more people in the water.

This is my first trip to the Bahamas. You can't go wrong with both locations but I preferred Port Lucaya. Have a nice trip.

We also enjoyed snorkelling in Freeport from Our Lucaya. We went with Pat and Diane's and had a great time! My boyfriend has been snorkelling a few times before and I had never been - we both loved it! I've definately recommended it to other people as well.

Archived