Two Questions

GeckoGirl

We will be on the Carnival Dream in November and it is scheduled to go to Mahogany Bay. We haven't decided if we want to book an excursion.

First question: Since we are not interested in laying on the beach or water sports, we can do that here in Florida, is there enough to see and do in Mahogany Bay to keep us busy most of the day in port?

Second question: If we end up docking in Coxen Hole for some reason, is there anything to do around that port?

Trying to decide if we need to have a plan B and book an excursion. Thanks

We will be on the Carnival Dream in November and it is scheduled to go to Mahogany Bay. We haven't decided if we want to book an excursion.

First question: Since we are not interested in laying on the beach or water sports, we can do that here in Florida, is there enough to see and do in Mahogany Bay to keep us busy most of the day in port?

Second question: If we end up docking in Coxen Hole for some reason, is there anything to do around that port?

Trying to decide if we need to have a plan B and book an excursion. Thanks

If it were me, I'd book an excursion with Victor or Rony (see the threads on this board for their contact info). Make it an island tour. You'll be covered regardless of which pier you wind up in as they'll come to you if the Dream diverts to Coxen Hole.

If you go the non-excursion route, in MBCC, there's a zip line just outside the pier are entrance. It'll take you about an hour or so. There are typical cruise pier area shopping in both ports. But for MBCC, it's primarily beach. In Coxen Hole you can wander around the town, but there's not much to see unless you're interested in how folks live there. Roatan is known for its great beaches and snorkeling. IMO, except for the beaches along the forgotten coast like St Andrews, you won't find anything comparable in FL.

If it were me, I'd book an excursion with Victor or Rony (see the threads on this board for their contact info). Make it an island tour. You'll be covered regardless of which pier you wind up in as they'll come to you if the Dream diverts to Coxen Hole.

If you go the non-excursion route, in MBCC, there's a zip line just outside the pier are entrance. It'll take you about an hour or so. There are typical cruise pier area shopping in both ports. But for MBCC, it's primarily beach. In Coxen Hole you can wander around the town, but there's not much to see unless you're interested in how folks live there. Roatan is known for its great beaches and snorkeling. IMO, except for the beaches along the forgotten coast like St Andrews, you won't find anything comparable in FL.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will book an island tour. I was concerned that the shopping would be the typical stores like Diamonds International etc. that are at alot of the cruise ship ports and I'd rather do something else.

I would love to go snorkeling but I am afraid the water will be too cold at that time of year for my wussy Floridian self. I won't even go in my pool unless the water is 85 or higher.:eek:

I have heard good things about Victors tours, I will check out his website. Thanks

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the reply, I think I will book an island tour. I was concerned that the shopping would be the typical stores like Diamonds International etc. that are at alot of the cruise ship ports and I'd rather do something else.

I would love to go snorkeling but I am afraid the water will be too cold at that time of year for my wussy Floridian self. I won't even go in my pool unless the water is 85 or higher.:eek:

I have heard good things about Victors tours, I will check out his website. Thanks

Unless it is an overcast or rainy day I don't think you will need to worry about the water temp.

Every port we hit last week had a LEAST one Diamonds International and to throw in a little twist a Tanzanite International.

Very few unique shops in these ports I feel like I am in the same place each time

Archived