beach in Belize

lkwhtmomfound

Yes the best mainland beaches are further south than Belize City. And your best bet for a bech venture is to book an excursion to Bannister Island or Geoff's Cay. The Water Taxis to Caye Caulker aren't running as frequently as they used to and you may not have enough time there to enjoy it. There is a beach in Belize city, Cucmber Beach, wher ethe locals tend to go. May not be your cup of tea. but you can decide that, here's a link. http://www.oldbelize.com/

Yes the best mainland beaches are further south than Belize City. And your best bet for a bech venture is to book an excursion to Bannister Island or Geoff's Cay. The Water Taxis to Caye Caulker aren't running as frequently as they used to and you may not have enough time there to enjoy it. There is a beach in Belize city, Cucmber Beach, wher ethe locals tend to go. May not be your cup of tea. but you can decide that, here's a link. http://www.oldbelize.com/

I just checked out Old Belize and it looks great. Have you been there?

How much does the ziplining and other activites cost? How far is it from te ship? An other info you have about it, please let m eknow? Thanks

I just checked out Old Belize and it looks great. Have you been there?

How much does the ziplining and other activites cost? How far is it from te ship? An other info you have about it, please let m eknow? Thanks

boyle, I'v never been there. I heard about it from another cruiser here who went there to meet some relatives who live in Belize and that's where they suggested meeting. I understand some of the shore/ship excursions that offer city tours with a beach stop come here. I'm sure you can grab a taxi to it at a reasonble fare.

My preference is for the Cayes. Used to be able to get to Caye Caulker and spend a couple of hours or more there and get back, likewise, if you got an early tender, you could even go to San Pedro. But the new schedules don't seem to give enough time, IMO. I understand the Bannister Island excursions are the better beach bets here now. We're going back next year and looking at cavetubing.

I know I read that the beach is a Ferry ride away but is this something that we can book on our own. I'd really love to hit the beaches everywhere we port but Belize seems to have the furthest beaches.

Google Fab Tours and see what they have. We went with Fab to Bannister Island a few years back. Good snorkel tour and they dropped you off at the island for a couple of hours. I heard that they have their own island now. Maybe someone can give us a review?

I think that Carnival and Coral Breeze control the Bannister trips now.

Archived