Questions re: Sanctuary and Ultimate Ship Tour

Kimidfw

After reading some of the boards it would seem that getting reservations for the Sanctuary and the UST are just about impossible? Anyone have any great suggestions or experiences on making these things happen? We're on the Caribbean Princess in early December.

Thank you.

I was on Island Princess 7/5 and got back last Monday. We signed up for the Ultimate Ship Tour as soon as we got onboard. We found out the night before the tour that it was cancelled because we were the ONLY ones that signed up!!! :( I'm so disappointed. After reading these boards, I thought it would be hugely popular but I guess the $150/person price tag discourages a lot of people.

I went straight to the Sanctuary while my husband checked out our room. While on board by about 12:30,there were already reservations before me.

Once in my room, I immediately called to be put on the list for the Chef's table, which we also were able to attend (a must do, by the way!)

I was on Island Princess 7/5 and got back last Monday. We signed up for the Ultimate Ship Tour as soon as we got onboard. We found out the night before the tour that it was cancelled because we were the ONLY ones that signed up!!! :( I'm so disappointed. After reading these boards, I thought it would be hugely popular but I guess the $150/person price tag discourages a lot of people.

We sailed on the Emerald at the end of June. I really wanted to do the UST, the wife probably would have tagged along, but $150 each!!! Holy crap, NO WAY!!!! :eek:

We signed up for the UST day 1 and were notified day before that we got it (all 12 slots filled). You do get quite a lot back for the $150 and its a very cool tour, I'd actually consider doing it again on a larger ship just to see the differences...

Sanctuary seems to be a race to board, hoping that doesn't cost us next year with no status... Chef's table at least is random chance from everyone who signs up (or they add another one).

After reading some of the boards it would seem that getting reservations for the Sanctuary and the UST are just about impossible?
Sign up for both as soon as you board. Not impossible at all. There is a sign-up list for the Ultimate Ships Tour at the Passenger Services Desk.
Well… just a warning regarding the Ultimate Ship Tour – Princess does guarantee their “first-come, first-served” policy.

The UST was to be the highlight of our cruise last April. We tried to pre-book the tour, but we were told that it was not possible and that we should sign up immediately upon boarding. Therefore, four of us were the first four to do so. But, we were later told that we were on the waiting list. We discovered that, contrary to their stated policy, a group was allowed to pre-book all the spaces on the tour. What a disappointment!

Meanwhile, to cover up that indiscretion, we were fed a bunch of excuses (dare I say “lies”). First, our friends were told that there might be an extra tour for those on the waiting list (although, it seemed to us that the extra tour should have been scheduled for the group that jumped the queue). Then, we were first told that the Star Princess always awards its spaces by lottery. Then, we were told that the tour might be cancelled because of maintenance in the engine room.

So, before you get your hopes up, find out what the ship’s policy is for awarding UST spaces. Headquarters has abdicated their responsibility and leaves it to the discretion of each ship – even though the latest Captain’s Circle Magazine still advises passengers to “book early through the passenger services desk” (without mentioning about a lottery or pre-booking by groups).

Archived