Palm Gallery Hotel

yarramar

I booked this hotel approx 3 months ago based on reviews on Trip advisor. At the time they were no 12 of 1200 hotels in Rome. They have now moved to number 2 but they have still received relatively few reviews in that time. Many of the reviewers have only had 1 review to their credit but there have since been a few seasoned reviewers giving them an excellent rating also. I was a little sceptical due to the fact it was pointed out to me at the time I booked that the reviewers were newbys. However my thought now is they have been encouraging guests to give them a review if happy. I would still like to know if anyone on CC have stayed there or know anyone who has.

As we are staying in Rome for 5 days prior to our cruise in September I thought the inconvenience of not being "in the action" would be outweighed by having a quiet retreat to go to at the end of busy days.

I booked this hotel approx 3 months ago based on reviews on Trip advisor. At the time they were no 12 of 1200 hotels in Rome. They have now moved to number 2 but they have still received relatively few reviews in that time. Many of the reviewers have only had 1 review to their credit but there have since been a few seasoned reviewers giving them an excellent rating also. I was a little sceptical due to the fact it was pointed out to me at the time I booked that the reviewers were newbys. However my thought now is they have been encouraging guests to give them a review if happy. I would still like to know if anyone on CC have stayed there or know anyone who has.

As we are staying in Rome for 5 days prior to our cruise in September I thought the inconvenience of not being "in the action" would be outweighed by having a quiet retreat to go to at the end of busy days.

HI, yes I hunted you down . Ha ha. I remember when we spoke of this on another thread when we were deciding on hotels.We did end up at hotel italia, we had 2 triple rooms, very very very tiny. I could go on, but .....

I wouldn't worry too much about the reviews on TA ... yes there are an unusual number of 1x posters in a short time, so they may be prompting people to post, but as you mention, there are a few reviews by members who have numerous posts and who didn't join TA just to post a review on this hotel. And no bad reviews which is a good sign.

The location isn't as ideal as being in the historic centre, but you are there for 5 days, so not as much of an issue as if you were just there for a couple of days. I'm sure the owners will help with bus/metro info and calling taxis if needed.

I think the trade off of not being in the historic centre will be your $ savings rather than the quiet retreat. We were at a hotel just a couple of minutes walk from Piazza Navona and noise wasn't an issue, but the cost was probably higher than had we stayed further out.

I wouldn't worry too much about the reviews on TA ... yes there are an unusual number of 1x posters in a short time, so they may be prompting people to post, but as you mention, there are a few reviews by members who have numerous posts and who didn't join TA just to post a review on this hotel. And no bad reviews which is a good sign.

The location isn't as ideal as being in the historic centre, but you are there for 5 days, so not as much of an issue as if you were just there for a couple of days. I'm sure the owners will help with bus/metro info and calling taxis if needed.

I think the trade off of not being in the historic centre will be your $ savings rather than the quiet retreat. We were at a hotel just a couple of minutes walk from Piazza Navona and noise wasn't an issue, but the cost was probably higher than had we stayed further out.

Pls. forgive the hijack....could you tell me where you stayed near Piazza Navona and your opinion of the hotel (or any other in that area) Thanks.

Pls. forgive the hijack....could you tell me where you stayed near Piazza Navona and your opinion of the hotel (or any other in that area) Thanks.

We stayed at this hotel. I had mixed feelings about it ... loved the location, room was adequate (we didn't splurge for a suite with a balcony), bathroom was good (shower only), no elevator (but not a problem for us), good breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights, and I don't have experience with any other hotels in Rome because our only other visit there was on a port day a few years earlier. It didn't fit into the category for me of "a definite return to hotel" but Tripadvisor reviews for the most part are favorable.

We stayed at this hotel. I had mixed feelings about it ... loved the location, room was adequate (we didn't splurge for a suite with a balcony), bathroom was good (shower only), no elevator (but not a problem for us), good breakfast. We stayed for 3 nights, and I don't have experience with any other hotels in Rome because our only other visit there was on a port day a few years earlier. It didn't fit into the category for me of "a definite return to hotel" but Tripadvisor reviews for the most part are favorable.

Thank you, Susan. We are looking at Navona Garden Suites, Hotel Pantheon, Pantheon Inn, Albergo Cesàri, and Hotel Campo De Fiori. Can't decide!! I think I need to pick one out of a hat! Not a great deal of difference in money....(Pantheon Inn is the less expensive of the five.) I guess now that I have it down to 5, I need to go back and read the reviews!

• 1 year later...

Archived