Best Zip-Line tour for Alaska 7/30???

Snickers015

We are going on RCL -Radiance Cruise, we are visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway..can anyone suggest a Zip Line Tour/Tour Company? Also we are "tendered" at Icy Strait Point..does that mean we cannot get off the ship?

Thanks

We choose the Canopy Advertures in Ketichkan. They have 7 zips and a coupon in Toursaver book. There are two zip line companies in Ketichkan, but again, it was a better deal with the coupon with Canopy Adventures.

I also chose the Alaska Canopy Adventures in Ketchikan. I did the Bear Creek Zipline. It was a of of fun with 7 ziplines, 1 suspension bridge, and a 40' rappel. This was the beginner's zipline so if you've done a zipline before it may not be as challenging.

We are going on RCL -Radiance Cruise, we are visiting Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway..can anyone suggest a Zip Line Tour/Tour Company? Also we are "tendered" at Icy Strait Point..does that mean we cannot get off the ship?

Thanks

Zip Rider at Icy Strait looks absolutely amazing.

When the ship is tendered you are not able to walk off; instead you take a tender.... a boat.... if you look at a Zip Rider Icy Strait Point video on their site you can see a ship at tender.

I think you are right that Icy Straight is the longest too and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :D Our observation is that it is a different kind of ride if you have ever zip lined. It appeared there were basically hanging seats on one LONG run not 10 or so lines. To us that is not the kind of zip we have done in Jamaica & Puerto Valarata. Ours was more like what you experience in Skagway, body harness and a WHOLE LOTTA FUN!! We rock climbed in Skagway at the same location as the ships zip line excursion and I wished I was doing that instead. Note to self rock climbing for REAL is not like the ships wall. :eek: Skagway had people upside down, no hands screaming with excitement as they went down, now that is zip linin!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Glad to hear it is a beginner since we have never done it before. Did you carry a camera with you? If so how did you carry it?

Yep, we were able to carry our small point & shoot cameras with us. The camera was fastened to the chest strap part of our harnesses. There's enough length to the camera's wrist strap to enable you to maneuver the camera to take some photos. Here's a link to a few shots I took on the zip-line course:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578185157uoVzwg

Hi Snickers: To answer your question about zip lines. I don't know much about them, have never ridden one. However the hubbie and I were in Icy Straight Point and a fellow Cruisecritic C&A friend road it and LOVE IT. She screamed sooooo loudly. She said it was well worth the effort and wait. On the day our ship was in town, only one zip line was operational. She was the LAST person to ride it due to the backlog of riders. Since she booked via the ship, the ship waited. DH and I were on the last tender and we and others had to wait. That is how we heard her scream. Very loud... She was so exuberate once she got on the tender.. She was funny. Just about everyone was between bored and asleep waiting for her...

As a tip: When we were there, there was a private "talk" from a local native about the cannery. It was help around 4 pm, I believe. It was free (though we tipped him). It was a great talk, especially if you like history. I think there was a flyer advertising the talk once you got on shore. Hope you have a great time.

Just to make sure it's clear....

The ISP zip ride is about $90 for a 90 second ride.

We did the Juneau Canopy Zip line and loved it.

About 10 zip lines and 2 suspension bridges down the mountain.

Check out my review, pics and tips in my signature.

Archived